The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

2 March, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's "Synthwave Saturday" so to help you get your cyberpunk on, here is a mix from Enter Dystopia Records. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Phoenix Shaving and their excellent "4711" homage, "11235" shave soap. Dead ringer "4711" scent and super thick and slick lather built with the Riva Brushes Manchurian badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '56 Gillette Super Speed and I finished with Muelhens "4711" after shave splash EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "11235" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes Manchurian Badger Brush / '56 Gillette Platinum
Wizamet / Alum / Muelhens "4711" After Shave Splash & EdC

IMG_4259.jpg

3 March, 2024

Some relaxing jazz for your Sunday. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Martin de Candre and their excellent "Nature" shave soap. Not completely unscented, having a nice, light powdery note with super thick and slick lather built with the new Paladin "Falstaff" 2-band select badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Timeless Razors TRBR38 and I finished with Songo "Jade East" after shave splash.

Martin de Candre "Nature" Shave Soap / Paladin "Falstaff" 2-Band Select Badger Brush
Timeless Razors TRBR38 /
Wizamet / Alum / Songo "Jade East" After Shave Splash

IMG_4266.jpg

4 March, 2024

Rocking out to The Ramones this morning. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. New soap day with the arrival of First Line Shave's new soap and splash set, "53rd & 3rd". Been a longtime fan of Anthony Bourdain and his shows (No Reservations & Parts Unknown), and especially a fan of his irreverent, cynical & snarky attitude toward most modern day culture. So when I saw FLS was coming out with an homage soap/splash set to him, I had to get it. Very nice scent with great lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Canyon" ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '61 Gillette Fatboy and I finished with the matching after shave splash.

First Line Shave "53rd & 3rd" Shave Soap / WWBW "Canyon" ST Badger Brush / '61 Gillette Fatboy
Wizamet / Alum / First Line Shave "53rd & 3rd" After Shave Splash

IMG_4272.jpg

5 March, 2024

Getting funky this Super Tuesday morning with a couple of 70's classics. Hope you enjoy.

Phenomenal shave this morning!! Returned to Saponificio Varesino and their "Dolomiti" soap and splash set. The scent is subtle but a very nice with superb lather built with the Simpson "Chubby" 2 Manchurian badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Rockwell 6S and I finished with the matching after shave lotion and Creed "Himalaya" EdP.

Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Manchurian Badger Brush / Rockwell 6S
Wizamet / Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" After Shave Lotion / Creed "Himalaya" EdP

IMG_4276.jpg

6 March, 2024

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm going with a couple of cuts featuring a musician who has over 10,000 recording credits to her name. Multi instrumentalist, Carol Kaye. Hope you enjoy.

I almost did a repeat of yesterday's shave this morning because it was so nice. But, I instead decided to go with ETHOS Grooming Essentials and Frank's excellent "Bergamotto" soap and splash set. Wonderful cool, fresh, citrus-green scent with excellent lather built with the Paladin "Falstaff" 2-band select badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Karve Christopher Bradley razor and I finished with the matching skin food splash and Tom Ford "Neroli Portofino" EdP.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bergamotto" Shave Soap / Paladin "Falstaff" 2-Band Select Badger Brush / Karve Christopher Bradley
Wizamet / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Bergamotto" Skin Food Splash / Tom Ford "Neroli Portofino" EdP

IMG_4283.jpg

7 March, 2024

A couple from Danny Elfman & Co. Oingo Boingo today. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. My order of Phoenix Shaving's new "Bay Gum" soap and splash set arrived yesterday so I used it this morning. Very nice fruity, sweet bay rum scent with incredibly thick and slick lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Belfour" ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '56 Gillette Super Speed and I finished with the after shave splash.

Phoenix Shaving "Bay Gum" Shave Soap / WWBW "Belfour" ST Badger Brush / '56 Gillette Super Speed
Wizamet / Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Bay Gum" After Shave & Cologne

IMG_4289.jpg

8 March, 2024

Rocking out this Friday with a couple from Tool's latest album, Fear Inoculum. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to the Kent shave soap (new formulation). Same light, fresh scent as MWF with excellent lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Midnight Mint" ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Schick Injector and I finished with Chanel "Platinum Égoïste" after shave lotion and EdT.

Kent Shave Soap / WWBW "Midnight Mint" ST Badger Brush / Schick Injector
Schick / Alum / Chanel "Platinum Égoïste" After Shave Lotion & EdT

IMG_4296.jpg

Catch-up post..

9 March, 2024

Martin de Candre "Original" / Paladin / Timeless TRBR38 / Wizamet / Alum / Fine "Lavender Pour Homme"

IMG_4304.jpg

10 March, 2024

Antica Barberia "Original Citrus" / Riva Manchurian Badger / Gillette Super Speed / Wizamet / Alum / Aqua Velva "Classic Ice Blue"

IMG_4310.jpg

11 March, 2024

A couple from English rockers, The Psychedelic Furs this morning. Hope you enjoy.

Rushed but extremely nice shave this morning. The time change really hit me this morning. Wish we could just stick with one. I don't care which. DST or Standard time.. Pick one! Returned to ETHOS Grooming Essentials and Frank's wonderful "Nuage De Citron" soap and splash. Wonderfully bright, tart citrus scent with excellent lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Voodoo King" HMW badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '56 Gillette Super Speed and I finished with the matching skin food splash and Caron "Le 3e Homme de Caron" EdT.

ETHOS "Nuage De Citron" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Voodoo King" HMW Badger Brush / '56 Super Speed
Schick / Alum / ETHOS "Nuage De Citron" Skin Food Splash / Caron "Le 3E Homme de Caron" EdT

IMG_4314.jpg

Back