The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

24 February, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's "Synthwave Saturday" and here is a mix from The Prime Thanatos Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. I enjoyed this shave so much last time that I decided to revisit it today. Wonderfully thick and fragrant lather from the Martin de Candre shave soap built with the Paladin Falstaff ST badger brush. Two passes (plus touch-up) with the '56 Gillette Super Speed and I finished with Fine Accoutrement "Lavender Pour Homme" AS & Czech & Speake "Oxford & Cambridge" EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Martin de Candre "Original" Shae Soap / Paladin "Falstaff" Select Badger Brush / '56 Gillette Super Speed
Wizamet / Alum / Fine "Lavender Pour Homme" AS / Czech & Speake "Oxford & Cambridge" EdC

IMG_4213.jpg

Last edited:
25 February, 2024

Rocking out today with a couple from Soundgarden. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to the vintage Avon shave soap today. Super slick lather created with the Zenith B28 boar brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '69 Gillette Super 109 and I finished with Pinaud Clubman "Special Reserve" after shave cologne.

Vintage Avon Shave Soap / Zenith B28 Boar Brush / '69 Gillette Super 109
Wizamet / Alum / Pinaud Clubman "Special Reserve" After Shave Cologne

IMG_4218.jpg

26 February, 2024

Some Ultravox for you this Monday morning. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to ETHOS Grooming Essentials and Frank's excellent "Mélange d'Agrumes" soap and skin food. Incredibly luxurious lather created with the Wild West Brushworks "REM Cycle" ST Badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Karve Christopher Bradley razor and I finished with the matching skin food splash and Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Mélange d'Agrumes" Shave Soap / WWBW "REM Cycle" ST Badger Brush / Karve Christopher Bradley
Wizamet / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Mélange d'Agrumes" Skin Food Splash / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG_4223.jpg

27 February, 2024

Rocking out to some Deep Purple this morning. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Furbo and their excellent "Blu" shave soap. VERY nice lather with a cooling menthol kick created with the new (to me) Paladin ST Badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '61 Gillette Fatboy and I finished with RazoRock "Blue Barbershop" after shave splash and Tom Ford "Beau de Jour" EdP.

Furbo "Blu" Vintage Shave Soap / Paladin 2-Band Select Badger Brush / '16 Gillette Fatboy
Wizamet / Alum / RazoRock "Blue Barbershop" AS / Tom Ford "Beau de Jour" EdP

IMG_4233.jpg

28 February, 2024

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm heading north of the border to feature a couple from Canadian singer / musician Dalbello. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Taylor of Old Bond Street and their excellent "Oud" shaving cream. Wonderful spicy / floral scent (oud & rose) and super slick and thick lather created with the Simpson "Chubby" 2 Manchurian badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Timeless TRBR38 and I finished with Czech & Speake "No.88" after shave splash and EdC.

TOBS "Oud" Vintage Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Manchurian Badger Brush / Timeless TRBR389
Wizamet / Alum / Czech & Speake "No.88" After Shave Splash & EdC

IMG_4240.jpg

I knew musicians can be a flakey lot, but there seems to be SO many more these days. :rolleyes:
A friend of my is a musician and retired software engineer who gets together with friends and jams with them onstage sometimes. I think he enjoys being able do it when able, and not worrying about getting up early for work.

29 February, 2024

Closing out the month with a couple from Queen. Freddie Mercury has always been one of my all-time favorite singers and he absolutely kills it on these two cuts. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave to end the month on. Returned to the vintage Yardley shave soap. Incredibly thick and slick lather created with the Rich Yuengel "Pit Viper" ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '69 Gillette Super 109 and I finished with Pierre Cardin "Pierre Cardin pour Monsieur" after shave lotion and EdC.

Vintage Yardley Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Pit Viper" ST Badger Brush / '69 Gillette Super 109
Wizamet / Alum / Vintage "Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur" After Shave Lotion & EdC

IMG_4247.jpg

1 March, 2024

Kicking off the new month with a couple from rock super group, The Traveling Wilburys. Hope you enjoy.

Wonderful shave this morning. Returned to the Returned to Martin de Candre and their "Rose" soap. Nice, light rose scent and exceptional lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Rosé Noir" ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Tatara Masamune and I finished with GFT "Coral Skin Food" and Domenico Caraceni 1913 EdP.

Martin de Candre "Rose" Shave Soap / WWBW "Rosé Noir" ST Badger Brush / Tatara Masamune
Wizamet / Alum / Geo. F. Trumper "Coral Skin Food" / Domenico Caraceni 1913 EdP

IMG_4252.jpg

Back