The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

11 December, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Monday again.. YUCK! But let's get the day going with some tunes, this time featuring the 1991 eponymous album from British musician / singer / songwriter / producer Seal Henry Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel. Or, as he's more widely know, Seal. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Fine's " L'Orange Noir" soap and splash set. Incredibly slick and fragrant lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Belfour" badger brush. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the '56 Gillette Super Speed and I finished with the matching splash and Terre d'Hermes EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Fine "L'Orange Noir" Shave Soap / WWBW "Belfour ST Badger Brush / '56 Gillette Super Speed
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / Fine "L'Orange Noir" After Shave Splash / Terre d'Hermes EdT

IMG_3687.jpg

12 December, 2023

Got a couple of Peter Gabriel's classics this morning. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Geo F. Trumper and their excellent "Spanish Leather" shave cream and splash. Wonderful "soapy leather" scent and super slick lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Midnight Chip" Sweet Spot badger brush. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the '61 Gillette Fatboy and I finished with the matching AS and EdC.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Geo. F. Trumper "Spanish Leather" Shave Cream / WWBW "Midnight Chip" Sweet Spot Badger / '61 Gillette Fatboy
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / Geo. F. Trumper "Spanish Leather" After Shave Splash & EdC

IMG_3699.jpg

13 December, 2023

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm back to Christmas music with a couple of golden oldies. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Martin de Candre and their "Nature" shave soap. Incredibly slick lather built with the Zenith B33 boar brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '49 Gillette Aristocrat and I finished with D.R. Harris "Sandalwood" after shave splash.

Martin de Candre "Nature" Shave Soap / Zenith B33 Boar Brush / '49 Gillette Aristocrat
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / D.R. Harris "Sandalwood" After Shave Splash

IMG_3707.jpg

Roland the headless gunner
had a very shiny thompson
and if you ever saw it
you would even say it glows (when fired!)

all of the other gunners
used to laugh and call him names
until they walked in front of Roland
who shot 'em up 'cause he has no head (and cannot see!)

14 December, 2023

Some "Winter Jazz" for your Thursday. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to D.R. Harris and their "Windsor" shave cream. Wonderful scent and lather built with the Riva Brushes Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '56 Gillette Super Speed and I finished with Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue AS and Creed GIT EdP.

D.R. Harris "Windsor" Shave Cream / Riva Brushes Manchurian Badger / '56 Gillette Super Speed
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / Aqua Velva "Classic Ice Blue" After Shave Splash / Creed "Green Irish Tweed" EdP

IMG_3713.jpg

15 December, 2023

Closing out the workweek with a classic collection from seminal Prog Rockers, Yes. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Cooper & French and their seasonal "Santa's Workshop" soap & balm. Wonderful scent with notes of pine, vanilla, orange, light pipe smoke, light rose and leather. Excellent lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Holly" synth for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Karve Christopher Bradley razor and I finished with the matching ASB and Viktor & Rolf "Spicebomb" EdT.

Cooper & French "Santa's Workshop" Shave Soap / WWBW "Holly" Synth / Karve Christopher Bradley / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Cooper & French "Santa's Workshop" After Shave Balm / Viktor & Rolf "Spicebomb" EdT

IMG_3717.jpg

17 December, 2023

Some more relaxing seasonal jazz for your Sunday afternoon. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Fine Accoutrements and their great "Santal Absolut" soap. Wonderful AoS sandalwood scent and excellent lather built with the Semogue SOC "Super Badger" for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Karve Christopher Bradley razor and I finished with Art of Shaving "Sandalwood" ASB and EdT.

Fine Accoutrements "Santal Absolut" Shave Soap / Semogue SOC Super Badger / Karve Christopher Bradley
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / Art of Shaving "Sandalwood" After Shave Balm & EdT

IMG_3730.jpg

18 December, 2023

More Christmas music for @NurseDave but this time, a couple from the list of "Christmas Songs You Love to Hate". Hope you enjoy.*

Great shave this morning. Returned to TOBS and their great "Oud" shave cream. Wonderful scent and excellent lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Midnight Mint" badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '49 Gillette Aristocrat and I finished with Czech & Speake "No.88" AS and EdC.

Taylor of Old Bond Street "Oud" Shave Soap / WWBW 'Midnight Mint" Sweet Spot Badger / '49 Gillette Aristocrat
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / Czech & Speake "No.88" After Shave Splash / Czech & Speake "No.88"EdC

IMG_3735.jpg

* Not my list 🎅

I remember hearing the Dominic song for the first time when I was about 30. Could not believe it was actually a thing 😂

18 December, 2023

More Christmas music for @NurseDave but this time, a couple from the list of "Christmas Songs You Love to Hate". Hope you enjoy.*

Great shave this morning. Returned to TOBS and their great "Oud" shave cream. Wonderful scent and excellent lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Midnight Mint" badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '49 Gillette Aristocrat and I finished with Czech & Speake "No.88" AS and EdC.

Taylor of Old Bond Street "Oud" Shave Soap / WWBW 'Midnight Mint" Sweet Spot Badger / '49 Gillette Aristocrat
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / Czech & Speake "No.88" After Shave Splash / Czech & Speake "No.88"EdC

View attachment 123679

* Not my list 🎅
I was gonna say, I like the McCartney song. First I’ve heard of the other. Guess I’ll have to listen to it.

Back