The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

2 December, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Got a classic from Jr. Walker and the All-Stars along with some visuals courtesy of the beautiful Ann Margret. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to Proraso's "Nourishing" (aka Red) cream and AS and their "Nature" shave soap. Great lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Mint Chip" badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Aristocrat and I finished with the matching AS & ASB.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso "Nourishing" Shave Cream / WWBW HD ST Badger / '49 Gillette "Aristocrat"
Wizamet /
Alum / Proraso "Nourishing" AS & ASB

IMG_3647.jpg

4 December, 2023

Got a couple from English rockers, Echo & The Bunnymen this morning. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Skipped yesterday so today's shave was especially nice. Went back to Martin de Candre and their "Fougere" shave soap. Lightly scented but excellent lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Mint Chip" HD ST badger brush. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the '61 Gillette Fatboy and I finished with vintage Avon "Tai Winds" AS and EdC.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Martin de Candre "Fougere" Shave Soap / WWBW "Mint Chip" HD ST Badger / '61 Gillette Fatboy
Wizamet /
Alum / Avon "Tai Winds" After Shave Splash / Avon "Tai Winds" EdC

IMG_3651.jpg

5 December, 2023

Late post. Been in a retirement seminar all day. Useful info, but oh, so boring. 🥱

Great shave to begin the day however. Returned to TOBS and their excellent "Mr. Taylor's" cream. Wonderful scent and slick lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Voodoo King" HD HMW badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '61 Gillette Fatboy and I finished with Pinaud Clubman after shave lotion.

Taylor of Old Bond Street "Mr. Taylor's" Shave Cream / Rich Yuengel "Voodoo King" HD HMW Badger
'61 Gillette Fatboy / Wizamet /
Alum / Pinaud Clubman After Shave Lotion

IMG_3657.jpg

6 December, 2023

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm featuring a couple from American singer extraordinaire, Etta James. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went back to "Cane" soap and splash set from Phoenix Shaving. Incredibly slick and fragrant lather built with the Zenith B33 boar brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '56 Gillette Super Speed and I finished with the matching splash and Burberry "London for Men" EdT.

Phoenix Shaving "Cane" Shave Soap / Zenith B33 Boar Brush / '56 Gillette Super Speed
Wizamet /
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Cane" After Shave Splash / Burberry "London" EdT

IMG_3661.jpg

7 December, 2023

A couple of classics from Genesis today. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Wonderful scent and lather from the D.R. Harris "Arlington" shave soap built with the Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the RazoRock Game Changer and I finished with vintage British Sterling AS & cologne..

D.R. Harris "Arlington" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger / RazoRock Game Changer
Wizamet /
Alum / Vintage "British Sterling" After Shave Splash & EdC

IMG_3667.jpg

8 December, 2023

No shave today. Up at 4am to take the missus in for surgery on her hand. Need more coffee.

giphy-downsized.gif

8 December, 2023

No shave today. Up at 4am to take the missus in for surgery on her hand. Need more coffee.

giphy-downsized.gif
Hope the surgery goes well for her

9 December, 2023

More Christmas music for @NurseDave . This time, one of the holiday staples in my household when I was a kid, complete with the vintage vinyl crackle. This version of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" has always been my favorite. Hope you enjoy.

Late post but a great shave to begin the day. Returned to Saponificio Varesino and their excellent "Dolomiti" shave soap. Wonderfully slick lather built with the Zenith B28 boar brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '61 Gillette Fatboy and I finished with the matching after shave lotion.

Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" Shave Soap / Zenith B28 Boar Brush / '61 Gillette Fatboy
Wizamet /
Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" After Shave Lotion

IMG_3674.jpg

10 December, 2023

More Christmas music for you today, and what's Christmas without Charlie Brown? Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. New soap day with the Furbo "Orange" shave soap. REALLY impressed with the quality of lather it produced. Very thick and slick. The scent is much closer to original Floid than "Vloid" from Phoenix Shaving, but still not a full-on recreation. Nice though. Two passes (+ touch-up) with the '49 Gillette Aristocrat and I finished with the matching after shave lotion and vintage Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur EdC.

Furbo "Orange" Shave Soap / Semogue "Mistura" Badger Boar & Brush / '49 Gillette Aristocrat
Wizamet /
Alum / Furbo "Orange" After Shave Lotion / Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur EdC

IMG_3680.jpg

Back