The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Mark, I'm a little confused about that first video. I'm not sure if it's a representation of the global financial situation with a focus on import vs export and the inequity of trade between countries. Or if someone just released a bunch of bees.

21 November, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Got a couple from Canadian rockers, Rush for your Tuesday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Phoenix Shaving and their "Cane" soap & splash. Wonderful powdery / peppermint scent with green notes along with incredibly slick lather built with the Riva Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Gillette Super-109 and I finished with the matching splash & Burberry "London for Men" EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Cane" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes Manchurian Badger / Gillette Super-109
Wizamet /
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Cane" After Shave Splash / Burberry "London for Men" EdT

IMG_3573.jpg

22 November, 2023

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm featuring a couple from American violinist, songwriter & dancer, Lindsey Stirling. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Excellent scent and lather from the Antica Barberia soap built with the Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger for two passes (+ touch-up) with the RazoRock Game Changer and I finished with Paul Sebastian "PS Fine Cologne" ASB and EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Antica Barberia "Original Talc" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Super Badger / RazoRock Game Changer
Wizamet /
Alum / Paul Sebastian "PS Fine Cologne" After Shave Balm & EdC

IMG_3582.jpg

I'm a Yacht Rock, light jazz, smoky blues, acoustic covers kinda guy.
giphy-downsized.gif

23 November, 2023

It's Thanksgiving here in the U.S. today and there's only one song selection I can possibly go with. Hope you enjoy.

Late post but a great shave this morning to start the day. Excellent scent and lather from the Mitchell's Wool Fat soap built with the Zenith B28 Premium Boar brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Aristocrat and I finished with vintage Shulton "Old Spice" ASL.

Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap / Zenith B28 Boar Brush / Gillette Aristocrat
Wizamet /
Alum / Vintage Shulton "Old Spice" After Shave Lotion

IMG_3586.jpg

It's Thanksgiving here in the U.S. today and there's only one song selection I can possibly go with. Hope you enjoy.
Love this tune. I saw him perform at a college in the earlyish-70s. He sang some of the songs, but didn't tell the story over. He was solo, and seemed to relish it. Entertaining night.

24 November, 2023

Going with some Pink Floyd for your Friday. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Excellent scent and lather from the Castle Forbes cream built with the Riva ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '56 Gillette Super Speed and I finished with vintage Shulton "Old Spice Fresh Lime" ASL.

Castle Forbes "Lime EO" Shave Cream / Riva ST Badger Brush / '56 Gillette Super Speed
Wizamet /
Alum / Vintage Shulton "Old Spice Fresh Lime" After Shave Lotion

IMG_3594.jpg

25 November, 2023

Well, I guess it's officially "Christmas Season" and so I'm offering a little musical nostalgia for those old enough to remember. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Stirling and their excellent English Leather homage, "British Leather". Excellent scent and lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Belfour" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the 'RazoRock "Game Changer" and I finished with Dana "English Leather" AS and cologne.

Stirling Soap Co. "British Leather" Shave Soap / WWBW ST Badger Brush / RazoRock Game Changer
Wizamet /
Alum / Dana "English Leather" After Shave Splash & EdC

IMG_3602.jpg

24 November, 2023

Going with some Pink Floyd for your Friday. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Excellent scent and lather from the Castle Forbes cream built with the Riva ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '56 Gillette Super Speed and I finished with vintage Shulton "Old Spice Fresh Lime" ASL.

Castle Forbes "Lime EO" Shave Cream / Riva ST Badger Brush / '56 Gillette Super Speed
Wizamet /
Alum / Vintage Shulton "Old Spice Fresh Lime" After Shave Lotion

View attachment 122500

25 November, 2023

Well, I guess it's officially "Christmas Season" and so I'm offering a little musical nostalgia for those old enough to remember. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Stirling and their excellent English Leather homage, "British Leather". Excellent scent and lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Belfour" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the 'RazoRock "Game Changer" and I finished with Dana "English Leather" AS and cologne.

Stirling Soap Co. "British Leather" Shave Soap / WWBW ST Badger Brush / RazoRock Game Changer
Wizamet /
Alum / Dana "English Leather" After Shave Splash & EdC

View attachment 122553
Cannot go wrong with Pink Floyd and I can smell the Candy and Deli Meat and Hot nuts from the Blue light Specials, LOL

Back