The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

One of the outpatient imaging centers where I work plays overhead “Muzak” in the patient areas and a very calming instrumental version of “interstate love song” started playing in rotation earlier this month. Strange experience to be sure

21 October, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

A couple of live cuts from L.A. based SynthWave rockers, The Midnight for you today. Hope you enjoy.

Late post but great shave to start the day. Went back to Phoenix Shaving and their seasonal soap / splash set, "Clown Fruit". Wonderful scent and super slick and cushioning lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Breakwater" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Supply Co. SE and I finished with the matching after shave splash.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Clown Fruit" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Breakwater" ST Badger Brush
Supply SE /
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Clown Fruit" After Shave Splash

IMG-3389a.jpg

22 October, 2023

Some relaxing Jazz for your Sunday. Hope you enjoy.

Great Sunday shave. Returned to RazoRock and their "P.160" shave soap. Wonderful Italian marzipan scent and incredibly slick lather built with the Semogue SOC Super Badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Mamba 70 and I finished with Epsilon "Blue Mediterranean" after shave splash & Dior "Sauvage" Parfum.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

RazoRock "P.160" Shave Soap / Semogue SOC Best Badger / RazoRock Mamba 70 / Polsilver
Alum / Epsilon "Blue Mediterranean" After Shave Splash / Dior "Sauvage" EdC

IMG-3393.jpg

23 October, 2023

A couple from Tool singer, Maynard James Keenan's side project Puscifer today. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Geo. F. Trumper and their incredible "Spanish Leather" line. One of my favorite scents with notes of leather, rose, geranium, patchouli and musk. Excellent lather built with the Riva Brushes Manchurian badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the RazoRock Game Changer and I finished with the matching skin food and cologne.

GFT "Spanish Leather" Shave Cream / Riva Brushes Manchurian Badger / RazoRock Game Changer
Polsilver /
Alum / GFT "Spanish Leather" Skin Food / GFT "Spanish Leather" EdC

IMG-3400.jpg

24 October, 2023

Rocking out this morning with a couple from Black Country Communion. Hope you enjoy.

A great "Tabac Tuesday" shave this morning. Wonderful scent and excellent lather built with the Riva Brushes ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '69 Gillette Super-109 and I finished with the matching after shave lotion.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Tabac Shave Soap / Riva Brushes ST Badger / Gillette Super Adj. 109
Polsilver /
Alum / Tabac After Shave Lotion

IMG-3405.jpg

25 October, 2023

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm featuring a couple from Italian goth rockers, Lacuna Coil fronted by the incredible Cristina Scabbia. Hope you enjoy.

Today's was the shave to beat for the week. Nothing flashy or fancy, just great products that provided a stellar shave. Excellent scent and lather from the Mitchell's Wool Fat soap built with the Zenith B28 boar brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the RazoRock Game Changer and I finished with Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur ASB and EdC.

Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap / Zenith B28 Boar Brush / RazoRock Game Changer
Gillette Platinum /
Alum / Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur After Shave Balm & EdC

IMG-3412.jpg

giphy-downsized.gif

😁

19 November, 2023

Hello everyone! Been a minute.

Sorry for my absence of late. Have had some "life issues" I've been dealing with. My brother has become disabled and unable to work due to his ongoing health issues and I've been trying to help him get his living situation in order. Still a lot to to do and basically, it's stressing me out.

The wife and I were able to get away for a few days last week on a much-needed trip. We went back to Helen, GA. We first visited in 2021 and both enjoyed it immensely. So, for her 50th birthday this year she wanted to go back in November (after Oktoberfest was concluded) and see the place with their Christmas decorations on display. If you don't know, Helen GA is (to me) similar to Gatlinburg in the Smokies only smaller and with a German / Bavarian theme. It's very nice! I'll post up some pics later. Also if you're interested:

Nothing really fancy shave wise on the trip. Each day was the same, consisting of C.O. Bigelow shave cream, Supply SE razor, Simpson "Chubby" 1 Best Badger brush, and either Proraso "Green" ASB or Epsilon "03" Amber splash to finish off with. We stayed in a VERY nice rental we found through AirB&B.

Great shave this morning. I skipped yesterday for the trip back home (stopped at North Georgia Premium Outlets on the way back and scored a couple pairs of Sketchers shoes) so today's shave was extra nice. Went back to Martin de Candre "Fougere" shave soap. Great scent a lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Abalone" HMW ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the RazoRock Game Changer and I finished with vintage Avon "Tai Winds" AS and EdC.

Hope you're having a great weekend. :)

MdC "Fougere" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Abalone" ST Badger Brush / RazoRock Game Changer
Wizamet /
Alum / VIntage Avon 'Tai Winds" After Shave Balm & EdC

IMG_3548.jpg

20 November, 2023

Getting your Monday going with a couple from rockers Animals as Leaders. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Excellent scent and lather from the Cella soap built with the Semogue "Galahad" premium boar brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Gillette "Aristocrat" and I finished with the matching ASB.

Cella Shave Soap / Semogue "Galahad" Boar Brush / Gillette "Aristocrat"
Wizamet /
Alum / Cella After Shave Balm

IMG_3555.jpg

Back