The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Late post today. The missus had a minor outpatient medical procedure this morning so it was up and out the door before I could snap a SOTD pic. She's back home and resting now and I'm in the office. Will try to get a pic when I go home for lunch.

Hoping everything went smoothly and it’s a quick recovery!

Prayers your way
Thanks guys. It wasn't anything serious. But she had to be sedated and needed a driver. I took her home and put her to bed. She should sleep off the effects of the sedation in a couple of hours (if Max will leave her alone) and be up and about later this afternoon. I'm only 5 minutes away and will check on her when I go home for lunch. She should be back at work Friday.

11 October, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and since we're getting closer to Hallowe'en, I'm gonna feature some "spooky girls" for the rest of the month. Here are a couple from Canadian Goth Wave Dark Wave rockers, The Birthday Massacre fronted by the gorgeous Sara Taylor who goes by "Chibi". Hope you enjoy.

Great but early shave this morning. Went back to Musgo Real Classic cream and ASB. Wonderful, woody fougère scent and great lather built with the Riva Brushes Manchurian for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '69 Gillette Super-109 and I finished with the matching after shave balm & Jacques Bogart "One Man Show" EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Musgo Real "Classic" Shave Cream / Rive Brushes Manchurian Badger / Gillette Super Adj. 109
Polsilver /
Alum / Musgo Real "Classic" After Shave Balm / Jacques Bogart "One Man Show" EdT

IMG-3320.jpg

12 October, 2023

A couple from New York rocker, Blake Morgan off his 2022 release, Violent Delights. Hope you enjoy.

Excellent shave today. Went back to Barrister and Mann and their "Fougère Classique" soap and splash. Wonderful lather built with the Rich Yuengel ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Supply Co. SE and I finished with the matching after shave splash and GFT "Wild Fern" EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Barrister and Mann "Fougère Classique" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Pit Viper" ST Badger / Supply SE
Alum / Noble Otter "Fougère Classique" After Shave Splash / GFT "Wild Fern" EdC

IMG-3326.jpg

Last edited:
12 October, 2023

A couple from New York rocker, Blake Morgan off his 2022 release, Violent Delights. Hope you enjoy.

Excellent shave today. Went back to Barrister and Mann and their "Fougère Classique" soap and splash. Wonderful lather built with the Rich Yuengel ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Supply Co. SE and I finished with the matching after shave splash and GFT "Wild Fern" EdC.

Barrister and Mann "Fougère Classique" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Pit Viper" ST Badger / Supply SE
Alum / Noble Otter "Fougère Classique" After Shave Splash / GFT "Wild Fern" EdC

View attachment 120570
How close is this to Penhaligon’s English Fern?

13 October, 2023

Hello all! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's Friday the 13th and I have a couple of apropos selections for your listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Best shave of the week (thus far) this morning. Went back to Phoenix Shaving and their excellent seasonal crossover scent, "Atomic Pumpkin". Great scent and very slick lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Canyon" ST brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Gillette Tech and I finished with the matching AS and a spray of Alexandria Fragrances "Golden Rush" EdP.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Atomic Pumpkin" Shave Soap / WWBW "Canyon" ST Badger / Gillette Tech / Polsilver
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Atomic Pumpkin" After Shave Splash / Alexandria Fragrances "Golden Rush" EdP

IMG-3333.jpg

14 October, 2023

A couple of "Saturday" songs for you today. Hope you enjoy.

Best shave of the week today! No doubt. Hard to beat the performance of MdC soaps. Wonderful scent and super slick and cushioning lather built with the Zenith B28 boar brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Supply Co. SE and I finished with Epsilon "03 Amber" after shave splash.

Martin de Candre "Original" Shave Soap / Zenith B28 Boar Brush
Supply SE /
Alum / Epsilon "03 Amber" After Shave Splash

IMG-3338.jpg

16 October, 2023

It's "Pick Your Own Music Monday" so make it something great!

Man, what a weekend. Got my COVID booster Friday and it dropped a train on me. Felt bad all weekend. Like I had the flu. Body aches, fever, chills, etc. Finally started feeling better late last evening.

Great shave this morning. Skipped yesterday so today's was extra nice! Went back to Barrister and Mann and their classic "Nordost" soap and splash. Wonderful scent and excellent lather built with the Riva Brushes ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch up) with the Timeless Razor TRBR38 and I finished with matching after shave splash and Terre d'Hermès "Hermès for Men' EdT.

Barrister and Mann "Nordost" Shave Soap / Riva Brushes ST Badger / Timeless Razor TRBR38 / Polsilver
Alum / Barrister and Mann "Nordost" After Shave Splash / Terre d'Hermès "Hermès for Men" EdT

IMG-3352.jpg

Back