The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

17 October, 2023

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

A couple from the late, great Marvin Gaye this morning. Hope you enjoy.

Another great shave this morning. Went with Noble Otter's "Two Kings" soap and splash. Wonderful scent and great lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Canyon" ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '69 Gillette Super-109 and I finished with the matching after shave splash & Mont Blanc "Presence" EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Noble Otter "Two Kings" Shave Cream / WWBW HD ST Badger / Gillette Super Adj. 109 / Polsilver
Alum / Noble Otter "Two Kings" After Shave Splash / Mont Blanc "Presence" EdT

IMG-3358.jpg

Have a great not-Monday! 😂👍

giphy-downsized.gif

18 October, 2023

It's "Women of Rocktober Wednesday" and today I'm offering up a couple from Little Rock AR band, Evanescence. Hope you enjoy.

Another great shave to get the day started. Returned to Proraso and their "Nourishing" (aka Red) shave cream and AS. Wonderful scent and incredibly slick lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Belfour" Sweet Spot Badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Mamba 70 and I finished with the matching splash & Arden Men "Sandalwood" EdC.

Proraso "Nourishing" Shave Cream / WWBW "Belfour" Sweet Spot Badger / RazoRock Mamba 70 / Polsilver
Alum / Proraso "Nourishing" After Shave Splash / Arden Men "Sandalwood" EdC

IMG-3364.jpg

I could have posted several more songs from them. But after @BarberDave slapped a limit on these type posts, I wanted to keep some slots open for more songs posts during the day.. You know how Dave is... 😁

giphy.gif
LOL. Let us remember that was due to an over exuberance of yours guys causing our server to crash.
So pipe down there Shellback

🤪😂😂😂😂😂😂

19 October, 2023

Rocking out this morning with Dream Theater's 1994 album, Awake. Hope you enjoy.

Another great shave this morning. Went with Phoenix Shaving and their "Phoenix Lights" soap and splash. Wonderful scent with notes of citrus, grapefruit, jasmine, woods, amber, musk, tobacco & oakmoss. Excellent lather from the CK-6 base built with the Rich Man Shaving ST badger brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the '69 Gillette Super-109 and I finished with the matching after shave splash.

Phoenix Shaving "Phoenix Lights" Shave Cream / Rich Man Shaving ST Badger / Gillette Super Adj. 109
Polsilver /
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Phoenix Lights" After Shave Splash

IMG-3369.jpg

Good subject for today! Seems the hype over those extra terrestrial hearings months ago has faded away been forgotten about. These government folks confirmed things verbally…have they released any photos or video since?

Good subject for today! Seems the hype over those extra terrestrial hearings months ago has faded away been forgotten about. These government folks confirmed things verbally…have they released any photos or video since?
Nah. Nothing.

20 October, 2023

Closing out the workweek with a couple from San Diego, CA based rockers, Stone Temple Pilots. Hope you enjoy.

Great Friday shave this morning. Returned to Martin de Candre and their "Vetyver" shave soap. Wonderful scent and incredibly slick lather built with the Semogue SOC premium boar brush for two passes (+ touch-up) with the Mamba 70 and I finished with vintage Avon "Tai Winds" after shave splash & EdC.

Martin de Candre "Vetyver" Shave Soap / Semogue SOC Premium Boar / RazoRock Mamba 70
Polsilver /
Alum / Avon "Tai Winds" After Shave Splash / Avon "Tai Winds" EdC

IMG-3378.jpg

Back