The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

giphy.gif

I mean from previous selctions. WRMK is on the mellow tip today if ya know what I'm sayin'

5 August, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's finally Friday so let's party! Disco party, that is!! 🕺

Great end-of-the-workweek shave this morning. Went back to the "Old School" inspired scent on Phoenix Shaving's "Sun Down". Great lather and the nice hit of menthol was exactly what a hot morning here in Alabama needed. Three passes and I finished with a splash of the matching after shave (+ skin food) and a spray of Mont Blanc "Presence" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Sun Down" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "Doppler" Synth / Tatara Masamune / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Sun Down" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Mont Blanc "Presence" EdT

IMG-9793.jpg

Great shave! I love the scent of Sundown (B&M also has a good tribute to Sun Up as well - can’t go wrong with either!)…….

Blondie will always have a special place in my heart. Deborah Harry - if your reading this ……Call Me

1659708584336.gif

Attachments

• 1659708532132.gif
    1659708532132.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
Eww, hot morning? I hate when I take inescapable heat all day! Plus the humidity? Ugh!
C4FD7CA0-E49E-4660-8798-511EDACC48B6.gif

Stay cool out there!

Wow.. I have the soap and splash but never put that together... :D
To your defense - I don’t think on their site they got specific on what their reserve scents were tributes to (other than the Spice which is a no brainer) - they just tributed it to a 60’s classic aftershave. But I did track it down on another site.

8 August, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Going all the way back to 1982 for today's music segment. The band Asia contained some of the biggest names in Prog-Rock with Steve Howe & Geoff Downes from Yes and John Wetton of King Crimson, but the music was decidedly more pop and mainstream. This album reached #1 on the Billboards in 1982 and contains the band's biggest hit, "Heat of the Moment" which peaked at #4. Hope you enjoy!

Not a great shave this morning, which had nothing to do with the shaving sundries and everything to do with me. I should have skipped yesterday. Yesterday's was a rather late shave and there wasn't a lot of growth this morning. Additionally, I was rushing this morning to get everything done and get to work on time. Haven't been sleeping well due to my back / hip pain (going to get more lumbar injections Wednesday) and was moving slow. Remember kids, the only thing worse than no shave is a bad shave.

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Kokopelli" Synth / Tatara Masamune DE
Gillette Platinum / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Skin Food Splash / Acqua Di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG-9824.jpg

Here’s hoping to your day improving and bummer about the shave - but you smell fantastic! That counts for something!

And I truly hope the injections give you relief and that they find a more permanent cure for it my friend! I still say bionic man is the way to go - we could put razor attachments in your fingers which would be way, way cool!

Here’s hoping to your day improving and bummer about the shave - but you smell fantastic! That counts for something!

And I truly hope the injections give you relief and that they find a more permanent cure for it my friend! I still say bionic man is the way to go - we could put razor attachments in your fingers which would be way, way cool!
Thank you my friend, but I could never be as cool as Lee Majors. 😁

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Back