The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

9 August, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

In a Pink Floyd mood this morning so I'm featuring what is my favorite Floyd album, Wish You Were Here. Hope you enjoy.

MUCH better shave this morning. I almost skipped today to let my face recover, but decided to go ahead with a shave. Went with Phoenix Shaving's "Aloha SmackDown". This soap is an instant trip down memory lane if you enjoyed Hawaiian Punch as a kid. Great lather for three passes and a DFS+ result and I finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne".

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Aloha SmackDown" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Flamingo" Synth / Tatara Masamune Razor / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Aloha SmackDown" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Etat Libre d'Orange "Cologne" EdC

IMG-9832.jpg

12 August, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

In a Michael Jackson mood this morning. Critics are split between Off The Wall and Thriller on which is Jackson's bast album. However, it can't be denied that Off The Wall was the when Michael found "his sound", blending funk, pop and disco into something completely different from his previous four solo releases. Personally, I'm more partial to Off The Wall, but there are definitely some great cuts on Thriller, so I'll feature a couple from both albums! Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave today! Went back to "The Beach" from Phoenix Shaving. Great summery scent and incredibly slick lather. Three passes and I finished with a splash of Clubman "Tequila Tease" (+ skin food) and a spray of Creed's "Virgin Island Water".

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "The Beach" Shave Soap/ YAQI "Atlantis" Synth / Tatara Masamune / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Clubman "Tequila Tease" After Shave Splash / Creed "Virgin Island Water" EdP

IMG-9844.jpg

PAA has great artwork on their soaps. I don't quite understand the astronaut on the beach with the sinking ship? :unsure:
Yeah, I don't get it either...

giphy.gif

Back