The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

27 July, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Getting right into today's music selection and there's no need to hem and haw around. Here's the one and only Godfather of Soul, the great James Brown!

A rather mixed bag for today's shave. Had a couple of new items that I hadn't used yet and thought I'd take care of that today. The "Rabid Banana" is great performing soap but I'm still not sure on the scent. It's not bad, just not something I'd expect in a shaving soap. Kind of a banana Laffy Taffy scent. Still, it provided a great shave base. Decided to add some Grooming Essentials Ice Dragon drops to chill things down a little. Three passes and I finished with a splash of RazoRock "Evil Eye Lime" after shave tonic (great splash with a nice menthol kick that sneaks up on you) and a spray of AdP Colonia.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Rabid Banana" Shave Soap / Grooming Essentials Ice Dragon Ice Drops / Shore Shave Custom Classic Synth
Tatara Masamune Razor / Wizamet / Alum / RazoRock "Evil Eye Lime" After Shave Tonic / Acqua di Parma Colonia EdC

IMG-9712.jpg

Banana and lime, hm? There’s a combo for ya! 😮👍

Here's the one and only Godfather of Soul, the great James Brown!
Good ol JB! Always appropriate. I feel like Bruno Mars has kinda become his spiritual/music successor and done decently with some of his bigger hits…but it still just doesn’t hit the same as JB!

28 July, 2022

A Deiter-approved music selection for you today. Kraftwerk have been around since the 70's and were one of the pioneers of the electronic music scene. So for today's Morning Music, make like you're on Sprockets and get up and dance!

giphy.gif

Fantastic shave this morning. New brush day as well! Got in my new buckeye burl synth from RajonCajon. Went back to SV's "Manna di Sicilia". Fantastic lather and scent! Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with the matching ASL and a spray of Creed "Himalaya" EdP.

Saponificio Varesino "Manna di Sicilia" Shave Soap / RajonCajon Buckeye Burl Synth / Tatara Masamune Razor
Wizamet / Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Manna di Sicilia" After Shave Lotion / Creed "Himalaya" EdP

IMG-9722.jpg

28 July, 2022

A Deiter-approved music selection for you today. Kraftwerk have been around since the 70's and were one of the pioneers of the electronic music scene. So for today's Morning Music, make like you're on Sprockets and get up and dance!

giphy.gif

Fantastic shave this morning. New brush day as well! Got in my new buckeye burl synth from RajonCajon. Went back to SV's "Manna di Sicilia". Fantastic lather and scent! Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with the matching ASL and a spray of Creed "Himalaya" EdP.

Saponificio Varesino "Manna di Sicilia" Shave Soap / RajonCajon Buckeye Burl Synth / Tatara Masamune Razor
Wizamet / Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Manna di Sicilia" After Shave Lotion / Creed "Himalaya" EdP

View attachment 89886
Beautiful brush my friend!

I love a good Italian barbershop scent.

29 July, 2022

Featuring the band Puscifer today. If you're not familiar, Puscifer is the side project of Tool's front man Maynard James Keenan. Their latest album, Existential Reckoning gets better with every listen. Check it out! :alien:🛸

Ending the work week with an Old Spice themed shave. Went back to Barrister and Mann's "Spice" soap and splash. Always a great performing and fragrant lather. Three passes and I finished with the aforementioned splash and a spray of Replica's "At the Barber's". Love it! However it doesn't seem to stay around very long. Spraying it around my shirt collar helps it last longer. Still debating on whether or not to invest in a full bottle. :unsure:

Barrister's Reserve "Spice" Shave Soap / Moon Soaps "Villain" Synth / Tatara Masamune Razor / Wizamet
Alum / Barrister's Reserve "Spice" After Shave Splash / Replica "At the Barber's" EdT

IMG-9742.jpg

29 July, 2022

Featuring the band Puscifer today. If you're not familiar, Puscifer is the side project of Tool's front man Maynard James Keenan. Their latest album, Existential Reckoning gets better with every listen. Check it out! :alien:🛸

Ending the work week with an Old Spice themed shave. Went back to Barrister and Mann's "Spice" soap and splash. Always a great performing and fragrant lather. Three passes and I finished with the aforementioned splash and a spray of Replica's "At the Barber's". Love it! However it doesn't seem to stay around very long. Spraying it around my shirt collar helps it last longer. Still debating on whether or not to invest in a full bottle. :unsure:

Barrister's Reserve "Spice" Shave Soap / Moon Soaps "Villain" Synth / Tatara Masamune Razor / Wizamet
Alum / Barrister's Reserve "Spice" After Shave Splash / Replica "At the Barber's" EdT

View attachment 89966
Have a most wonderful day brother! And once again -you have stumped me on the music - I haven’t heard of the band - but definitely pleasing to the ear!

1 August, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

A couple from Toto this morning to kick off your Monday. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Needed a spicy Bay Rum kick this morning and the Barrister & Mann soap and splash delivered in spades! Three wonderful passes for and DFS+ result and I finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Hemingway Accoutrements "Nature Isle" which is a great, long-lasting BR cologne. Excellent!

Barrister & Mann "Bay Rum" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Flamingo" Synth / Tatara Masamune Razor / Wizamet
Alum / Barrister & Mann "Bay Rum" After Shave Splash / Hemingway Accoutrements "Nature Isle" EdP

IMG-9769.jpg

Back