The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

3 August, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Been a stressful week. Too much to go into but I'm needing something laid back and relaxing today so here's a White Bat Audio Synthwave mix for your Wednesday, Hope you enjoy.

Apologies for my absence yesterday. Had a couple of doctors appointments yesterday and my vehicle needed servicing so I just decided to take the day off and take care of it all. Hit the snooze button one too many times and woke up late so no shave, just a quick shower and out the door. You know what that means! Today's shave was extra nice! Needed a "spa day" and this is probably about as close as I'll ever get to one. Great lather and scent from the soap. Three passes and I finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Zino Davidoff edT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Noble Otter "Hamami" Shave Soap / Techichi Tech Hive Synth / Tatara Masamune Razor / Wizamet
Alum / Noble Otter "Hamami" After Shave Splash / Davidoff "Zino Davidoff" EdT

IMG-9775.jpg

Here’s to your spa day!

It’s funny - until I got this soap - I always thought it was a tip of the hat towards Miami (like the Cuban ham sandwiches) - I don’t know why the Fez didn’t give me a hint 😂

Hoping you have a fantastic day Mark!

Last edited:
Anyone have Mark's wife's number? She needs to know for Christmas he wants a spa day.
Oh yeah!!!

giphy.gif

4 August, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Today I decided to feature a couple from the great Don Henley. He, of course, had great success with The Eagles, but I wanted to feature a couple of his solo hits for today's Morning Music segment. Hope you enjoy.

Wonderful shave this morning! Went back to "Fresh Lime", one of the newer soaps from @CBLSoap.com / @CBLindsay . Crisp refreshing lime coupled with a good kick of cooling menthol! Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a splash of RazoRock "Evil Eye Lime" After Shave Tonic and a spray of Alexandria Fragrances "Hawaii Volcano" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

CBL Soaps "Fresh Lime" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Envie" Synth / Tatara Masamune Razor / Wizamet
Alum / RazoRock "Evil Eye Lime" After Shave Tonic / Alexandria Fragrances "Hawaii Volcano" EdP

IMG-9786.jpg

Back