The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

15 August, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Let's get some music going this morning. Today we're going Classic Progressive in the style of bands like Yes, but with a modern band. The band is Glass Hammer based out of Chattanooga, TN. Saw these guys live and they really blew me away! Here's a track from their 2005 album The Inconsolable Secret. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning! I observed "No Shave Sunday" yesterday (something I may regularly reinstate) so today's shave was especially nice. Went back to @Dragonsbeard and his fantastic "Shave MD" soap and skin food. Three passes for a DFS++ result. Finished with a spray of Acqua di Parma "Colonia Essenza". Wonderful!

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Shave MD" Shave Soap / DS Cosmetic Kensurf G7 Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + Stando Polska / Gillette Platinum
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Shave MD" Skin Food Splash / Acqua di Parma "Colonia Essenza" EdC

IMG-9858.jpg

16 August, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Revisiting Australian guitar phenom Plini for today's music. He's become one of my favorite guitarists. Such tasty phrasing!! Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning.Went back to "King R. Emporium" from Phoenix Shaving. Very nice barbershop-type scent and exceptionally slick and cushioning lather. Three passes and I finished with the matching Star Jelly after shave and a spray of Chanel Platinum Égoïste EdT. Wonderful!

Phoenix Shaving "King R. Emporium" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "The Peregrino" Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Phoenix Shaving "King R. Emporium" Star Jelly After Shave / Chanel Platinum Égoïste EdT

IMG-9864.jpg

17 August, 2022

The theme for today is "purple" for shave and song. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave this morning! First use of "Electric Mayhem", the new soap / splash set from Barrister and Mann which I received from the "Pope of Philadelphia" himself, @Scuttlesoap . Thank you again, my friend! :D

Great scent! To my nose it's dark fruit heavy (plum) with tart notes from the yuzu, light sweet citrus notes with a clean, soapy base. Three passes and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of Rochas "Moustache" EdT.

Barrister and Mann "Electric Mayhem" Shave Soap / YAQI "Purple Haze" Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska Gillette Platinum
Alum / Barrister and Mann "Electric Mayhem" After Shave Splash / Rochas "Moustache" EdT

IMG-9872.jpg

18 August, 2022

In a Tom Petty mood this morning so here's the "Mad Hatter" along with the rest of the Heartbreakers. Hope you enjoy!

Just a straight-up, old school Bay Rum shave this morning. Used the '34 Gillette New OC this morning. Man, I had forgotten what great shavers those are! The Ogallala gave a nice, creamy and slick lather. Three passes and I finished with a splash of Fine Accoutrements Bay Rum splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Hemingway Accoutrements "Nature Isle" EdP.

Ogallala "Bay Rum Shave Soap / YAQI "Surf" Synth / 1934 Gillette "New" OC / Gillette Platinum / Alum
Fine Accoutrements "Bay Rum" After Shave Splash / Hemingway Accoutrements "Nature Isle" EdP

IMG-9880.jpg

19 August, 2022

In a Led Zeppelin mood this morning so here are a few tracks to get your Friday kicked off.

Fantastic shave this morning. Went back to Phoenix Shaving's "Hotel Cecil" with which to end the workweek. Patterned after the old Burma Shave, it has a great old school scent. I guess you'd call it an Aromatic Fougère. Very nice, albeit light scent. Great lather! Three passes and I finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Calvin Klein "Eternity" For Men EdT.

Phoenix Shaving "Hotel Cecil" Shave Soap / RajonCajon "Burgundy Velvet" Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Hotel Cecil" After Shave Splash / Calvin Klein "Eternity For Men" EdT

IMG-9891.jpg

Back