The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

15 July, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Well it's finally Friday (YAY!) so I wanted to end the week with something fun. Over the past several nights, after getting in from work, I've been spending several hours catching up on the 1/6 Select Committee Hearings. Last night, after about an hour, I decided I needed a break and while channel surfing came across the movie Caddyshack. That's what I need!! It was over half way through so I went and grabbed my Blu-ray and for an hour and thirty-eight minutes I forgot about the modern world and its problems. Here are a couple of iconic tracks from the movie. Hope you enjoy! ⛳🏌️‍♂️

Wonderful shave this morning! Skipped yesterday so today's shave was especially nice. Went back to Noble Otter's "Monoi de Tahiti". Wonderful soap! The scent is complex with a coconut blast at the opening, with floral notes and a base of sandalwood. This looks like a warm-weather-only soap but the sandalwood element IMO allows it to be used year-round. Three passes and I finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Hemingway Accoutrements "Nature Isle" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Noble Otter "Monoi de Tahiti" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "The Peregrino" Synth / Karve CB SS Razor / Wizamet
Alum / Noble Otter "Monoi de Tahiti" After Shave Splash / Hemingway Accoutrements "Nature Isle" EdP

IMG-9627.jpg

I can understand the need for the mental break! Very interesting proceedings, but 🤯

Great music and shave choices today! Hope it’s a good close to the week for ya Mark!

15 July, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Well it's finally Friday (YAY!) so I wanted to end the week with something fun. Over the past several nights, after getting in from work, I've been spending several hours catching up on the 1/6 Select Committee Hearings. Last night, after about an hour, I decided I needed a break and while channel surfing came across the movie Caddyshack. That's what I need!! It was over half way through so I went and grabbed my Blu-ray and for an hour and thirty-eight minutes I forgot about the modern world and its problems. Here are a couple of iconic tracks from the movie. Hope you enjoy! ⛳🏌️‍♂️

Wonderful shave this morning! Skipped yesterday so today's shave was especially nice. Went back to Noble Otter's "Monoi de Tahiti". Wonderful soap! The scent is complex with a coconut blast at the opening, with floral notes and a base of sandalwood. This looks like a warm-weather-only soap but the sandalwood element IMO allows it to be used year-round. Three passes and I finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Hemingway Accoutrements "Nature Isle" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Noble Otter "Monoi de Tahiti" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "The Peregrino" Synth / Karve CB SS Razor / Wizamet
Alum / Noble Otter "Monoi de Tahiti" After Shave Splash / Hemingway Accoutrements "Nature Isle" EdP

View attachment 88707
tahiti-its-a-magical-place-phil-coulson(1).gif

Went back to Noble Otter's "Monoi de Tahiti". Wonderful soap! The scent is complex with a coconut blast at the opening, with floral notes and a base of sandalwood. This looks like a warm-weather-only soap but the sandalwood element IMO allows it to be used year-round.
I love sandalwood, in any form. If I had to choose one flavor, that would be it. (y) (y)

Oy vey!!! Afternoon break... These training sessions are always like drinking from a firehose..

giphy.gif

21 July, 2022

Good afternoon Cadre! Hope you're having a great week.

Training is over for the day so I thought I'd go ahead and post up today's shave. Wanted to go old school today so I went with a "Clubman" theme. Great lather from the Fine soap. Three passes for a DFS result and I finished with a splash of Pinaud Clubman and a spray of Canoe EdC.

One more day of training tomorrow. It's been great. Learned a lot and anxious to implement those things into the company's daily operations.

Have a great day! :)

Fine Accoutrements "Clubhouse" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "The Peregrino" Synth / YAQI + RazoRock Razor
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Pinaud Clubman After Shave Lotion / Dana "Canoe" EdC

IMG-9659.jpg

Back