The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

25 July, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

And we're back!! WMRK Internet Radio (All Hits, All The Time®) is back on the air! This past weekend the wife and I had an unplanned Tarantino movie marathon. We both had seen "The Hateful 8" and "Django Unchained" but she had never seen any of his "Non-Western" movies. So over the weekend we watched "Kill Bill" volumes 1 & 2, "Inglourious Basterds" and "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood". It was a great time! And so, for today's Morning Music segment, I'm featuring a compilation of songs/music from the Tarantino catalog. Hope you enjoy!

Incredible shave this morning! Was feeling sick yesterday (was afraid I had caught Covid again but tested negative) so I just showered. No shave. Therefore today's shave was extra nice! First use of the ETHOS "Shave MD" from @Dragonsbeard 's Tribute Collection. In a word, EXCELLENT!! The scent is a wonderful blend of citrus that almost takes on a soda pop character with the addition of ginger. Three passes and I finished with the matching skin food and a spray of Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne.

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Shave MD" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Sun Dog" 26mm Synth / YAQI + RazoRock Razor
Gillette Silver Blue /
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Shave MD" Skin Food Splash / Chanel "Allure Homme Sport" EdC

IMG-9696.jpg

26 July, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Today we're debuting a new feature here at WMRK Internet Radio (All Hits, All The Time®).. I'm calling it "Realms of the Obscure!" and I'll be featuring those bands, songs, genres, etc. that you've probably never heard of. I was going to feature the album Pussy Plays by the band Pussy but since I'd already dropped that one on you, I thought I'd go with something "new". And so, from 1978, here's the German Fusion band Missus Beastly with their album Space Guerilla. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning! Went with another new soap, this time it was "Daddy Longlegs" from Talent Soap Factory. Great scent and super slick lather! Three passes for a DFS result and I finished with a splash of "Aqua Velva" (+skin food) and a spray of Tom Ford "Beau De Jour".

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Talent Soap Factory "Daddy Longlegs" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "Phantom Aerolite" Synth / YAQI + RazoRock Razor
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Aqua Velva "Classic Ice Blue" After Shave Splash / Tom Ford "Beau De Jour" EdT

IMG-9705.jpg

Back