The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

12 July 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

In the mood for some good old-fashioned metal. And so, from 1986, here is Iron Maiden with their platinum-selling album Somewhere In Time. Hope you enjoy.

Incredible shave today! First use of the new soap from @CBLSoap.com / @CBLindsay and it delivered the goods in spades! Crisp, sharp, refreshing lime that is mid-level strength out of the tub, but explodes when lathered (especially face lathering). The lather quality is exceptional. Extremely slick and very cushioning. It also has a nice menthol effect from the WS12 & WS5 cooling agents. Three passes and I finished with a splash of RazoRock "Essential Oil of Lime" after shave splash (+ skin food) and a spray of Halloween Man "Hero" EdT. The frag is very nice as well, with a huge citrus burst that dries down into a creamy, woody note that still wears well in hotter weather. All around excellent start to the day.

Hope you have a great day. :)

CBL Soaps "Fresh Lime" Shave Soap / Rick Yuengel "Envie" Synth / Karve CB SS Razor / Wizamet
Alum / RazoRock "Essential Oil of Lime" After Shave Splash / Halloween Man "Hero" EdT.

IMG-9613.jpg

13 July, 2022

For today's morning music we're taking the Wayback Machine to 1978. Let me paint the picture....

You slip on your Stay Adams and walk to the mirror to check yourself out. Fantastic! You've showered, shaved, blow dried your hair, dressed in your finest, threw on some Brut and now you're heading out. It's been a long week and you're looking forward to spending the evening with your lady and friends at the club. You hop in the Ford Thunderbird, let the top down and hit the highway on your way to pick up your girl. It's early evening and the setting sun paints a colorful tapestry in the western sky. You pick up the 8 track cassette and slide it into the player. It's Worlds Away the new album from Pablo Cruise. The music fills the air around you as you mash the accelerator a little more. Time for some fun!

Fantastic shave this morning! Went back to Stirling's "Island Man". Fantastic summer scent, it being patterned after Creed's Virgin Island Water. Three passes and I finished with a splash of the matching after shave (+ skin food) and a spray of Alexandria Fragrances "Hawaii Volcano" EdP.

Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" Shave Soap / YAQI "Atlantis" Synth / Karve CB SS Razor / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" After Shave Splash / Alexandria Fragrances "Hawaii Volcano" EdP

IMG-9620.jpg

What are your thoughts on Hawaii Volcano? I've had a sampler from Alexandria on the list for a while but have plenty in the den so just keeping notes for now...

What are your thoughts on Hawaii Volcano? I've had a sampler from Alexandria on the list for a while but have plenty in the den so just keeping notes for now...
Very good dupe of Creed VIW. Wears fairly close to the skin and has decent longevity. The spray atomizer feels cheap. That's really my only complaint about it.

Cold hard reality strikes back at you as you come to and find yourself in morning commute traffic.

Amidst the morning routine of brake pumping, you quickly zone out again and continue your daydream.

Dream on Mark! 😎👍

Cold hard reality strikes back at you as you come to and find yourself in morning commute traffic.

Amidst the morning routine of brake pumping, you quickly zone out again and continue your daydream.

Dream on Mark! 😎👍
giphy.gif

14 July, 2022

Back to the dentist today so no shave. But let's have some music... Finished up Stranger Things season 4 and have had this song stuck in my head since Eddie played it in the Upside Down to lure away the Demobats from Vecna's lair. And so, from 1986, here's Metallica with "Masters of Puppets" & "The Thing That Should Not Be".

Back