The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

21 March, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

No shave today. Just couldn't get moving this morning. Probably could have had I tried but we all know, the only thing worse than no shave is a bad shave. And so, I decided to give my facial fur a reprieve for today. Hey, it'll make tomorrow's shave that much better!

But let's have some music!

Meant to feature this guy's music earlier after I learned of his passing earlier this month. From his incredible 2004 album Bubblegum, here's Mark Lanegan. R.I.P.

Mark_Lanegan_1407157644_crop_550x550.png

22 March, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

I did it!!! I made it out of bed today with enough time to shave!

giphy.gif

Gotta celebrate the small victories!

Let's get some tunes going this morning. Here's a couple by the great Bob Dylan from his 2001 album Love and Theft. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave this morning! Went with @CBLSoap.com "Dread Pirate Roberts". Great lather and scent! Three passes for as close to a true BBS result as I've ever had and I finished with the matching After Shave Tonic and a spray of Paco Rabanne "1 Million". Excellent!!

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

CBL Soaps "Dread Pirate Roberts" Shave Soap / WWBW "Rally The Valley" Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska
Wizamet / Alum / CBL Soaps "Dread Pirate Roberts" After Shave Tonic / Paco Rabanne "1 Million" EdT

IMG-8692.jpg

23 March, 2022

Cloudy, gloomy morning here after rain and storms moved through the area last night. However, peeks of anemic sunlight filter through the leaden canopy so I thought I'd feature some music that seems to fit the day. From their 2003 album 100th Window, here's Massive Attack. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning! It must be more than a year since I last used this soap and splash and I still hold to my opinion that this is the closest analogue to original YSL Rive Gauche that I've found (YMMV of course). So this soap / splash / EdP combo will always have a spot in my shave den. Very slick and cushioning lather. Popped a fresh Gillette Platinum in the EJ 3ONE6 head which gave a fantastically smooth and comfortable shave. Literally no feedback from the alum block this morning. None! Finished with a spray of the matching EdP. Wonderful!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "CaD" Shave Soap / Sorrentino Brushworks "Roll Tide" Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "CaD" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Phoenix Shaving "CaD" EdP

IMG-8698.jpg

I haven't had CaD since the HTGAM Barberpole days, but man was it good stuff. For a self-proclaimed Barbasol lover, there's little else that provides a similar nostalgia bump from scent alone. It's been on the purchase list for a while, just need to get the soap stash whittled down a bit more.

I haven't had CaD since the HTGAM Barberpole days, but man was it good stuff. For a self-proclaimed Barbasol lover, there's little else that provides a similar nostalgia bump from scent alone. It's been on the purchase list for a while, just need to get the soap stash whittled down a bit more.
I think that's why it works so well as a Rive Gauche clone. Most companies today try to copy the frag. This sought to copy the original Barbasol scent on which RG was based.

24 March, 2022

I stumbled across this channel when searching for today's morning music and was intrigued by the title.. I must say, I'm guilty of procrastinating more than I like to admit.

giphy.gif

So, if this channel can help, I'm all for it. However, from listening to it here in the office now for about 8 minutes, all it's making me really want to do is go home, smoke a bowl and chill.. :unsure:

But I'll let it keep playing for a while to see what happens.. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave this morning! Went with Stirling;s "Eucalyptus Mint" for a nice, refreshing start to the day. Excellent lather! Three passes for a DFS++ result and I finished with the matching witch hazel and aloe splash. I did ad just a bit of vintage Avon "Everest" to it just to give it a little something more scent-wise. Finished with a spray of Rochas "Moustache" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Eucalyptus Mint" Shave Soap / WWBW "Invasion" Synth / EF 3ONE6 + StandoPolska / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Eucalyptus Mint" Witch Hazel & Aloe Splash (+ Avon "Everest") / Rochas "Moustache" EdT

IMG-8705.jpg

25 March, 2022

In a Pink Floyd mood this morning so let's get your Friday kicked off right with a couple from Wish You Were Here. Hope you enjoy. 📻

Fantastic end-of-the-workweek shave. Love the scent and performance of the ETHOS "Fresco" shave soap. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a splash of custom lime EO scented skin food splash and a spray of AdP "Colonia".

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Fresco" Shave Soap / Moon Soaps "Green Zebra" Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska / Gillette Platinum
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials Custom Collection "Lime EO" Skin Food Splash / Acqua Di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG-8710.jpg

Was about to leave work when several alarms came in.. Sent some techs to investigate and this is what was found.. Driver's alive. Had a seizure while driving. Will probably be late tomorrow of even Sunday before a replacement cabinet is set and wired in. Once the links are up I'll be able to upload a system back-up for the site I initiated earlier today (customer info, channel assignments, internet and/or phone services, etc.). Still, realistically some customers will be out of service for most (if not all) of the weekend.

IMG-9945.JPGIMG-9946.JPG

Back