The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

My brother so glad you have some positive news! What an roller coaster of emotions! ?Here’;s hoping for a swift recovery for your dad and some recovery for you as well!

14 March, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant week.

Tired this morning. Hate these semi-annual time changes. Wish they'd just pick one and stick with it. At this point I don't care which. :sleep:

First day back at the office after the emergency trip to Florida so I need something easy-going to get back into the rhythm of things. So here's some music to get your Monday started.

Great shave today! Really like the Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 head. A little more aggressive it seems than the Tatara and I need to be a little light with my technique. Fantastic scent and performance from the Noble Otter soap. Soap and matching splash for three passes for a DFS+ result. I finished with a spray of SpiceBomb.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Noble Otter "Thé Noir Et Vanille" Shave Soap / Turned Timber "Chubster" Synth / Edwin Jagger + StandoPolska / Wizamet
Alum / Noble Otter "Thé Noir Et Vanille" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Viktor & Rolf "SpiceBomb" EdT

IMG-8629.jpg

Mark, just got caught up on your journal. Hope your father and you continue on your recovery. You could use a few more days off!

Speaking of healing, you need to join us on a zoom call sir!

Speaking of healing, you need to join us on a zoom call sir!
You kids and your newfangled gizmos..

giphy.gif

15 March, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Featuring a piece from one of my favorite drummers / composers. From his new album Protocol V, here's Simon Phillips with "The Long Road Home". Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning. Went back with Phoenix Shaving's "Sun Down" soap and splash. Great lather and wonderful, "old school" scent. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a spray of Vintage Avon "Tai Winds" EdC.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Phoenix Shaving "Sun Down" Shave Soap / Oz Shaving "Fireworks" Synth / Edwin Jagger + StandoPolska / Wizamet
Alum / Phoenix Shaving "Sun Down" After Shave Splash (+Skin Food) / Vintage Avon "Tai Winds" EdC

IMG-8636.jpg

Watch out y’all…Mark is having sundowners in the morning 😂

Thankfully the music is keeping him calm!

16 March, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Let's get some music going this morinng. Today, I'm featuring another track from Simon Phillip's new album, Protocol V. Here is "Jagannath". Hope you enjoy!

Another fantastic shave this morning! Went back to the Ach-Britto "Mogno" shave soap. Gotta say, the more I use this soap the more I feel it needs to be ranked up there with SV and MdC with regards to lather quality. Thick, slick and very cushioning. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with a splash of Epsilon "Amber" After Shave and a spray of CK One "Skock" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Ach-Britto "Mogno" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "The Green Ray" Synth / Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 + StandoPolska
Wizamet / Alum / Epsilon "Amber" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / CK One "Skock" EdT

IMG-8651.jpg

18 March, 2022

Good morning Cadre. Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Apologies for my absence yesterday. Tweaked my back Wednesday and could barely get out of bed yesterday morning. Excruciating pain! Spent the day alternating between heat and cold. Tried muscle relaxers, pain pills (double my normal dose), OTC meds... Nothing helped much. So, no shave nor even a shower yesterday. Slept in my recliner last night and that actually helped a little. Guess it's time to line up some more lumbar injections.

Needing a "chill" day today, so here's some electronic chill music for your Friday.

Great shave this morning. Went with Fine's "American Blend" in the new formula. Very nice lather. Great slip but not as much cushion as I like. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with the matching splash and a spray of YSL "Rive Gauche Pour Homme".

Hope you have a great day. :)

Fine Accoutrements "American Blend" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Synth / EJ + StandoPolska Razor / Wizamet
Alum / Fine Accoutrements "American Blend" After Shave Splash (+Skin Food) / YSL "Rive Gauche Pour Homme" EdT

IMG-8662.jpg

Back