The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

4 April, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant weekend.

View attachment 79514

Yep! It's that day again.. So let's ease into the new week with some soothing seventies soul sounds! Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning! Went back to SV's Tundra Artica. Wonderful lather! Scent and performance were top shelf as you'd expect. Three passes and I finished with the matching ASL and a spray of Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur.

Hope you have a wonderful day! :)

Saponificio Varesino "Tundra Artica" Shave Soap / WWBW "REM Cycle" Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska / PAA Platinum Strangelet
Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Tundra Artica" After Shave Lotion / Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur

View attachment 79515
Love that brush!

5 April, 2022

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Boy, it's a chilly, wet, rainy mess here today. Great weather to stay home and sleep in. But alas, that's not in the cards. And so let's heat things up a little with today's Morning Music segment. From 2009 here are Simon Phillips (drums), Philippe Saisse (keyboards) and the great Pino Palladino (bass) with "Indian Summer". Hope you enjoy.

Wonderful shave this morning. Went with ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia". Fantastic scent and lather for three passes of shaving bliss! Finished with the matching skin food splash and a spray of Acqua Di Parma Colonia. Just a great all-around start to the day.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Shave Soap / PAA "The Starcraft" Synth / YAQI "Cobbled Bar" + RazoRock Super Knurl
Wilkinson Sword / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Skin Food Splash / Acqua Di Parma Colonia EdC

IMG-8841.jpg

Fantastic shave set! How’s the comparison to ADP Colonia?

Hope the office is nice and toasty warm for ya at least!

5 April, 2022

Boy, it's a chilly, wet, rainy mess here today. Great weather to stay home and sleep in. But alas, that's not in the cards. And so let's heat things up a little with today's Morning Music segment. From 2009 here are Simon Phillips (drums), Philippe Saisse (keyboards) and the great Pino Palladino (bass) with "Indian Summer". Hope you enjoy.

Wonderful shave this morning. Went with ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia". Fantastic scent and lather for three passes of shaving bliss! Finished with the matching skin food splash and a spray of Acqua Di Parma Colonia. Just a great all-around start to the day.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Shave Soap / PAA "The Starcraft" Synth / YAQI "Cobbled Bar" + RazoRock Super Knurl
Wilkinson Sword / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Skin Food Splash / Acqua Di Parma Colonia EdC

View attachment 79589
One of the great scents (and products) out there IMHO

7 April, 2022

Good morning Cadre. Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Apologies for my absence yesterday. Back pain was terrible and didn't go into work. Didn't shave or even shower because it hurt so bad to simply stand. Spent the majority of the day in my recliner alternating heat and cold and around 3:30, after 4 pain pills (and a handful of ibuprofen and acetaminophen), I began to get some relief. Got another round of shots set up for the 20th but it's gonna be a long wait til then. Still hurting today but it's at a level I can deal with and I was able to come into work. Need to save my sick leave for when I'm feeling better. :)

So today's music selection title goes with how I'm feeling. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave (and shower) after skipping everything yesterday. Went with Phoenix Shaving's "Garden of Bali" soap which is a beautiful bouquet of citrus and light floral notes with some aquatic highlights mixed in. Great lather for a wonderful three-pass shave and I finished with a splash of vintage Avon "Tai Winds" after shave and cologne.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

Phoenix Shaving "Garden of Bali" Shave Soap / Oz Shaving Copper & Purple Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska / PAA Platinum Strangelet
Alum / Vintage Avon "Tai Winds" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / Avon "Tai Winds" EdC

IMG-8859.jpg

Last edited:
So sorry you’re hurting brother! I hope it subsides so you can work and then get some rest!

Great shave - I love the scent of both the soap and AS - great shave sir!

What? Couldn’t seal the deal with a Tai Winds razor and brush?
8C090EEA-F512-453B-987B-37D70DE2F965.gif
Sorry you’re dealing with back pain again so soon. That stinks. Hope ya feel better!

Still hurting today but it's at a level I can deal with and I was able to come into work.
That sucks it's the case, but I get it. Ever think about going all biomechanical like B Dave? Doesn't seem to have any side-effects on him other than losing like 9".

That sucks it's the case, but I get it. Ever think about going all biomechanical like B Dave? Doesn't seem to have any side-effects on him other than losing like 9".
Unfortunately I'm at the mercy of workers' comp and whatever procedures they're willing to approve. About a year ago I had sought to have a nerve ablation done to help with the chronic nerve pain I also deal with daily (all stem from the car accident I was in). My request was denied.

8 April, 2022

It's "Fab Four Friday" here at WMRK Internet Radio (All Hits, All The Time®) so here are a couple from The Beatles to get your day going. Hope you enjoy.

Great end-of-the-workweek shave today! Went with Murphy McNeil's "Barbershop De Los Muertos 3 which scent-wise is based on Guerlain Homme Intense. I've never used the frag but the M&M version is a lovely green / woody aromatic that goes great with these early days of Spring. Wonderfully thick, slick and cushioning lather from the Aon base. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with the matching splash and EdP.

Murphy & McNeil "BDLM 3" Shave Soap / Moon Soaps "Villain" Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska / PAA Platinum Strangelet
Alum / Murphy & McNeil "BDLM 3" Afterlife Aftershave (+ Skin Food) / Murphy & McNeil "BDLM 3" EdP

IMG-8868.jpg

8 April, 2022

It's "Fab Four Friday" here at WMRK Internet Radio (All Hits, All The Time®) so here are a couple from The Beatles to get your day going. Hope you enjoy.

Great end-of-the-workweek shave today! Went with Murphy McNeil's "Barbershop De Los Muertos 3 which scent-wise is based on Guerlain Homme Intense. I've never used the frag but the M&M version is a lovely green / woody aromatic that goes great with these early days of Spring. Wonderfully thick, slick and cushioning lather from the Aon base. Three passes for a DFS+ result and I finished with the matching splash and EdP.

Murphy & McNeil "BDLM 3" Shave Soap / Moon Soaps "Villain" Synth / EJ 3ONE6 + StandoPolska / PAA Platinum Strangelet
Alum / Murphy & McNeil "BDLM 3" Afterlife Aftershave (+ Skin Food) / Murphy & McNeil "BDLM 3" EdP

View attachment 79811
How’s your back doing?

Can I see the manager please?
View attachment 79821
giphy.gif

Back