The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

8 November, 2021

Good morning Cadre. Hope you had a great weekend.

Let's jump right into some music this morning. Going to feature an entire album from an electronic band out of Seattle. The are Hello Meteor and the album is called Causality Violations. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning. Skipped yesterday due to the late night Saturday. Decided to sleep in. And so, that means today's shave was extra nice!. Went with "The Novelist" from A&E/The Club. Great scent and fantastic lather. Three passes and touch up for a wonderful DFS+ result. Finished with the matching splash and a spray of Viktor & Rolf "Spicebomb" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

A&E - The Club "The Novelist" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Majesty" Synth / Feather AS-D2 / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / A&E - The Club "The Novelist" Aftershave Splash / Viktor & Rolf "Spicebomb" EdT

IMG-7624.jpg

Aah, the goat milk version. Don't believe I've ever had goat in an A&E soap.
Good stuff!

giphy.gif

9 November, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

In a Depeche Mode mood this morning so for today's Morning Music, here are a couple from their 2005 album Playing the Angel. Hope you enjoy.

Wonderful shave this morning. Went back to Frank's Vanilla Safi shave soap. Love the scent and the lather is very slick and cushioning. Three passes and a touch-up (that Feather is a very mild razor) and I finished with some ETHOS "Clean" Skin Food Splash with a couple of drops of the Vanilla Safi fragrance blend added, along with a spray of the Dragonsbeard EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS "Vanilla Safi" Shave Soap / Simpson Commodore X3 Best Badger / Feather AS-D2 / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / ETHOS "Clean" Skin Food Splash + Vanilla Safi Fragrance Blend / ETHOS "Dragonsbeard" EdP

IMG-7639.jpg

10 November, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

For today's morning music I'm going with rock/fusion greats Bend The Sky. Here is their second album Observatory in its entirety. Hope you enjoy.

Another fantastic shave today. Went with the original Fine Accoutrements triple-milled Santal Absolut shave soap and matching splash. What a shame their soap maker went under.. These are some great soaps. Luckily I snagged a few for backup before they got scarce. Excellent lather! Three passes and a touch up and I finished with the matching splash (plus skin food) and a spray of Art of Shaving Sandalwood EdT.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Fine Accoutrements "Santal Absolut" Shave Soap / RazoRock 400 Noir SE / Feather AS-D2 / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Fine Accoutrements "Santal Absolut" Classic After Shave (+ Skin Food) / Art Of Shaving "Sandalwood" EdT

IMG-7650.jpg

Back