The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

2 November, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Featuring a couple from Thomas Bergersen / Two Steps From Hell to ease you into your Tuesday. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. No shave yesterday. Didn't sleep well and couldn't get going. So today's shave was extra nice. Went with "King of Oud" from Wholly Kaw. Love the scent and the lather is excellent. Finished with the matching splash and a spray of "Oud Al Layl" EdP (thanks again @primotenore ).

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Wholly Kaw "King of Oud" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Wholly Kaw "King of Oud" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / "Oud Al Layl" EdP

IMG-7573.jpg

2 November, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Featuring a couple from Thomas Bergersen / Two Steps From Hell to ease you into your Tuesday. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. No shave yesterday. Didn't sleep well and couldn't get going. So today's shave was extra nice. Went with "King of Oud" from Wholly Kaw. Love the scent and the lather is excellent. Finished with the matching splash and a spray of "Oud Al Layl" EdP (thanks again @primotenore ).

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Wholly Kaw "King of Oud" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Wholly Kaw "King of Oud" After Shave Splash (+ Skin Food) / "Oud Al Layl" EdP

View attachment 65813
One Spray will last you all day! (y)

That razor always gets me. I keep forgetting it's a CDB razor because it's not brass. They didn't work for me, but every time I see your pic I think that's a sweet looking razor, I should get one.

That razor always gets me. I keep forgetting it's a CDB razor because it's not brass. They didn't work for me, but every time I see your pic I think that's a sweet looking razor, I should get one.
What about it didn't work for you. I had to get a C plate for it to get the shaves I like.

Going tomorrow to get another round of lumbar injections so I wonā€™t be around until later. @Scuttlesoap would you be so kind and oversee tomorrowā€™s Morning Music segment please?

3 November, 2021

Good afternoon Cadre. Hope you had a pleasant evening.

I dreamed about mountains last night. Something both from a memory of my time living in Virginia and periodic trips to the state's section of the Appalachians as well as something I feel that my subconscious weaved. Bright light playing through the lovely colors of autumn. When I awoke I had this album from composer / multi-instrumentalist David Arkenstone on my mind so I thought I'd use it for today's Morning Music segment. Hope you enjoy.

Later than normal post today. Took off work and was out the door this morning a little after 6 to go to the hospital for more lumbar injections. Came home and rested for a while until I shrugged off the lingering effects of the sedative then went and had a quick shave. Keeping with the theme, I went with Murphy and McNeil's "Pisgah" shave soap (named after the Pisgah National Forest in North Carolina). Lovely spicy, woody scent that is also a lather monster. Two passes and a touch up and finished with a splash of Nivea DEEP Comforting "Vanilla & Bourbon" splash and a spray of Viktor & Rolf "Spicebomb" EdT.

Hope you're having a great day. :)

Murphy & McNeil "Pisgah" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Rally The Valley" Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Nivea DEEP Comforting "Vanilla & Bourbon" After Shave (+ Skin Food) / Viktor & Rolf "Spicebomb" EdT

IMG-7587.jpg

4 November, 2021

Good morning Cadre. Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Revisiting the abstract music of incredible bassist & composer Mick Karn today. Here are a couple from his 2008 album Dreams of Reason Produce Monsters. Hope you enjoy.

Decided to take another day off and let the injections have more of a chance to begin working before returning to the office. Mentioned a few days ago that I needed to have an "Old Spice" shave so I did that this morning. Went with Soap Commander's "Endurance" soap and splash. Very nice lather and wonderful scent. Finished with a spray of P&G Old Spice EdC.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Soap Commander "Endurance" Shave Soap / Semogue SOC Caravela Boar & Badger Brush / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Soap Commander "Endurance" Aftershave Splash (+ Skin Food) / P&G Old Spice EdC

IMG-7598.jpg

Last edited:
5 November, 2021

Good morning Cadre. Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Back at the office today to close out the week. Back is feeling pretty good. Takes a day of two to get the full effects of the shot. Going to close out the workweek with a couple more from David Arkenstone. "Color" continues to be the theme as we're about to hit our peak fall colors here. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave today. First shave with the MacDuffs "Trail Tobacco" soap. Great lather and scent with notes of cured tobacco, cedar, amber, spice, plum and coffee. Great combo and prefect for autumn. Finished with a splash of Jōvan Musk for Men. This always reminds me of my dad. He's worn it forever. Also went with a spray of Lagerfeld Classic EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

MacDuffs Soap Co. "Trail Tobacco" Shave Soap / Stirling Pro handle Synth / Rockwell Model T Adjustable
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Jōvan Musk for Men Aftershave (+ Skin Food) / Lagerfeld Classic EdT

IMG-7605.jpg

Back