The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Real men do hard things, so an effort-full shave is a good thing in my book!
giphy.gif

26 October, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Apologies for my absence yesterday. No shave.. No work yesterday either. Had some gastrointestinal issues so I thought it prudent to remain close to the facilities. 🚽

Feeling better today though so let's get some tunes kicked off. In a Steely Dan mood so here are a couple from what is one of my all-time favorite albums. Hope you enjoy..

No shave yesterday means extra nice shave today! Went with @CBLindsay / CBL's "Hombres Barber Shop" for today's session. Love the scent and the performance was top notch as well. Great post-shave face feel. Three passes resulted in a DFS++ finishing with the matching aftershave tonic and a spray of Stetson EdC. The Stetson and Hombres scents complement each other nicely IMO.

Hope you have a great day. :)

CBL Soaps "Hombres Barber Shop" Shave Soap / YAQI Sagrada Familia Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / CBL Soaps "Hombres Barber Shop" After Shave Tonic / Stetson EdC

IMG-7514.jpg

I have mixed feeling being part of the return to "duty" shave (or is that return FROM "duty") following a day off due to GI issues. I guess sharing the honor with Hombres makes it all worth it! Good ot hear you are feeling better. My Dr suggested I add this nice powdered fruit/veg drink mix to my diet because it will help to "detox" my liver. For those who just asked "what does detoxing the liver look like?" ....it looks like a day off of shaving due to GI issues. If the little jar says add a scoop to a glass...a A SINLGE scoop to a glass!

I have mixed feeling being part of the return to "duty" shave (or is that return FROM "duty") following a day off due to GI issues. I guess sharing the honor with Hombres makes it all worth it! Good ot hear you are feeling better. My Dr suggested I add this nice powdered fruit/veg drink mix to my diet because it will help to "detox" my liver. For those who just asked "what does detoxing the liver look like?" ....it looks like a day off of shaving due to GI issues. If the little jar says add a scoop to a glass...a A SINLGE scoop to a glass!
Hope you feel better.

27 October, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's getting ever closer to Hallowe'en and so for the remainder of the week WMRK is going to be featuring music from some of my all-time favorite horror movie soundtracks and to get us kicked off, here are 70's prog rock greats Goblin with a few songs they recorded for Dario Argento's movies. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today. Went with Southern Witchcrafts "Carmilla" shave soap. The SW website states that "Carmilla" is a tribute to one of the first vampire stories. I wasn't familiar with it so I did some Google-Fu and apparently it predates Stoker's Dracula by 26 years. The soap is a lovely melange of warm, sensuous spices with additional fruity, floral and green notes. I don't have the matching splash so I wanted to go with something appropriate for the theme. In the story, the protagonist lives in a castle in an extensive forest in Styria. So, to finish off the shave I decided to go with Avon's "Deep Woods" splash and cologne.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Southern Witchcrafts "Carmilla" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Candy Corn" Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Vintage Avon "Deep Woods" After Shave Splash (+ skin food) / Vintage Avon "Deep Woods" EdC

IMG-7524.jpg

Last edited:
Back