The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

13 October, 2021

Good afternoon Cadre! Hope you're having a great day.

Up at dawn and out and about. Drove out of town to check out some of the outdoors. Lovely waterfalls and a long 14 mile scenic drive that was beautiful but would have been nicer had there been more fall foliage. Still very green around here.

Great shave this morning. Went with the "travel kit" but still quality items. ;)

Had lunch at a place called Muller's Famous Fried Cheese Café. The wife had fried mozzarella stuffed with ham and I had the 2 grilled Bratwurst with potato salad and sauerkraut with hot German mustard. Yummy! Back at the hotel for a little rest and we'll be going back out later..

Hope you're having a great week. :)

Nancy Boy "Signature" Shave Cream / Wild West Brushworks "Gold Coast" Synth / PAA META-4 SS Razor
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Nancy Boy "Signature" After-Shave Balm / Nicolai "Patchouli Intense EdT

IMG-7396.jpg

Had lunch at a place called Muller's Famous Fried Cheese Café. The wife had fried mozzarella stuffed with ham and I had the 2 grilled Bratwurst with potato salad and sauerkraut with hot German mustard. Yummy!
Did you save some for the rest of us??

14 October, 2021

Good afternoon Cadre! Hope you're having a great day.

More shopping, sight-seeing, lunch and back at the hotel room for a little rest. Walking is the easiest way to get around here but there are a lot of hills. We've had a great time here the past few days. The wife has fallen in love with it so it looks as if we'll be coming back at some point.

Great shave this morning. Same brush and razor but today I went with Wet Shaving Products "Ol' Kentucky" Shave soap paired with Epsilon Amber. Great lather and wonderful DFS+ results.

Hope you're having a great week. :)

Wet Shaving Products Formula T "Ol' Kentucky" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Gold Coast" Synth / PAA SS META-4
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Epsilon Amber After Shave Splash / Alexandria Fragrances "Golden Rush" EdP

IMG-7411.jpg

18 October, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Back in the office today. Really enjoyed getting away last week. The wife and I really needed it. Wanted to ease back into the daily grind so here's a couple from The Rippingtons. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave today! I observed "No Shave Sunday" yesterday so today's shave was especially nice. Went with another of my favorite cooler weather scents, Wholly Kaw's "King of Bourbon". Notes of tobacco, bourbon, vanilla and sweet / spicy scent of the cassia stand out most to my nose. Finished with a splash of Clubman's "Whiskey Woods" with added hyaluronic acid serum & ETHOS Reméde revitalizing serum and a spray of Stetson EdC.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Wholly Kaw "King Of Bourbon" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Antique" Synth / PAA SS META-4 Razor / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Pinaud Reserve "Whiskey Woods " After Shave Splash + H.A.S. + ETHOS Reméde Revitalizing Serum / Stetson EdC

IMG-7446.jpg

Aah, continuing with the booze theme. What type of head is on your Red Tip handle?
It's the META-4 razor from Phoenix Shaving. They also sell a variety of replacement tips for the handle. I have a red (shown) as well as a purple one that I swap out from time to time.

Back