The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

I try to block out those things
...but with a DE.

giphy.gif

7 October, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Let's get some tunes going this morning. Got a couple from guitarist Plini. Hope you enjoy!

Man, what a crazy evening yesterday. Had storms roll through the area and basically set up shop right on top of my area. We received about 10 inches of rain in five hours! Flooding everywhere. Lots of high-water rescues and people stranded in cars trying to make it through low-lying area. Crazy! No deaths that I heard however so that's good news.

Beautiful morning today though and a wonderful shave as well! Went back to Frank's "Vanilla Safi" soap. This stuff smells as great as it performs. Three passes and I finished with the ETHOS "Clean" skin food splash with a few drops of the Vanilla Safi fragrance blend added in and a spray of CREMO "Spices and Black Vanilla" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Vanilla Safi" Shave Soap / Zenith Boar / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P / Gillette Platinum / Alum
ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Clean" Skin Food Splash + Vanilla Safi Fragrance Blend / CREMO Spice & Black Vanilla EdT

IMG-7344.jpg

Last edited:
8 October, 2021

Later post than normal. Busy morning. Gonna be on vacation next week and trying to get things squared away here at the office. But there still needs to be music! And so, for your enjoyment, here are a couple of R&B classics from the incomparable Gladys Knight and the Pips! Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. Love the scent and performance from the Murphy & McNeil Barbershop De Los Muertos". Inspired by Amouage Jubilation XXV. Soap and matching splash (plus skin food) and a spray of Alexandria Fragrances "Golden Rush" another Jubilation XXV clone. Fantastic!

Murphy & McNeil "Barbershop De Los Muertos" Shave Soap / WWBW "Rally The Valley" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Murphy & McNeil "Barbershop De Los Muertos" After Shave Splash / Alexandria Fragrances "Golden Rush" EdP

IMG-7349.jpg

Last edited:
8 October, 2021

Later post than normal. Busy morning. Gonna be on vacation next week and trying to get things squared away here at the office. But there still needs to be music! And so, for your enjoyment, here are a couple of R&B classics from the incomparable Gladys Knight and the Pips! Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. Love the scent and performance from the Murphy & McNeil Barbershop De Los Muertos". Inspired by Amouage Jubilation XXV. Soap and matching splash (plus skin food) and a spray of Alexandria Fragrances "Golden Rush" another Jubilation XXV clone. Fantastic!

Murphy & McNeil "Barbershop De Los Muertos" Shave Soap / WWBW "Rally The Valley" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Murphy & McNeil "Barbershop De Los Muertos" After Shave Splash / Alexandria Fragrances "Golden Rush" EdP

View attachment 63167
I’ll have to see if Maggards has a sample of that one.

11 October, 2021

Good evening Cadre! Hope you're having a great week.

First day of vacation. Not doing much this evening. We went and had dinner. I had the Schweinebraten (roasted pork) with carrots and potatoes. Also the .5 liter of beer above 🍺. The wife had Sauerbraten (roast beef) with carrots and potatoes. Both were delicious (we shared). Then a little window shopping. Got a few things but we're back at the hotel now.

Started the day off with a fantastic shave. Went with the Saponificio Varesino "Opuntia" soap and aftershave. Great scent and performance (so glad my senses returned after the 'Ronna).

Hope you're having a great week gentlemen. :)

Saponificio Varesino "Opuntia" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Majesty" 26mm Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Gillette Platinum / Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Opuntia" After Shave Lotion

IMG-7385.jpg

Back