The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

4 October, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Blah! Feel terrible this morning. Didn't sleep well at all last night. Toss and turned until I finally got up watched TV until I finally dozed off in my recliner. Still didn't sleep well even then. I foresee a power nap when I go home for lunch. 😴

But as always, we need music! Here's a couple from The Rippingtons off their 1995 album Brave New World. Hope you enjoy.

A good shave and hot cuppa helped though. Got in my order of the SV "Tundra Artica" Special Edition (in the Beta 4.3 formula) Saturday and Decided to use it today. Great soap and scent. Citrus and oud... interesting combination. I could also detect some leather-ish notes in there as well. Very nice. Finished with a splash of the matching after shave and a spray of Versace "Eros".

Hope you have a great day. :)

Saponificio Varesino "Tundra Artica" Shave Soap / YAQI Deep Blue - Arctic Sky Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P
Gillette Platinum / Saponificio Varesino "Tundra Artica" Aftershave Lotion / Versace "Eros" EdT

IMG-7303.jpg

Doh, that's tough. Starting the work day just ready for it to be over.

Sounds more like you need to go do some “maintenance” in the server room for a few hours! (Don’t forget to set an alarm!) 😂

Spiral notebooks??? Flashbacks to middle school supply shopping lists.

5 October, 2021

Let's get some tunes rolling this morning. Going back to a couple Norman Brown today. Kind of a dark, dreary Tuesday here so I wanted to offer something laid back and relaxing. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today! Been a while since I last used Seaforth! Spiced so I wanted to remedy that today. Fantastic scent and performance fro the shave soap. Finished with the matching aftershave toner and EdT. Fantastic!

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Spearhead Shaving Co. "Seaforth! Spiced" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Synth / RazorRock Game Changer .68-P / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Spearhead Shaving Co. "Seaforth! Spiced" Aftershave Toner / Spearhead Shaving Co. "Seaforth! Spiced" EdT

IMG-7323.jpg

6 October, 2021

In a "New Wave" mood this morning so here are a couple from the synth-pop, post-punk pioneers, Japan featuring one of my fave bassists, the great Mick Karn. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave today. First time in a long time I didn't shave in the shower. It was nice, but I still prefer a shower shave. I of course had to break in the new "Candy Corn" brush from Wild West Brushworks. Also went with a soap I hadn't used since earlier this year, Barrister and Mann's "The Full Measure of Man". Great soap and great fall scent. The Mousse de Saxe really shines through in this soap. Three passes and I finished with a splash of @Dragonsbeard skin food splash (Frank, when's that soap gonna make a return???) and a spray of Creed "Royal Oud".

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Barrister and Mann "The Full Measure of Man / WWBW "Candy Corn" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer .68-P / Gillette Platinum
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Dragonsbeard" Skin Food Splash / Creed "Royal Oud" EdP

IMG-7337.jpg

Back