The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

1 September, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

In a rock mood this morning so here's a couple from Whitesnake for your Morning Music segment. Hope you enjoy!

Fortunately we only experienced mild effects fro the remnants of Ida. Keeping everyone living along the Gulf in my thoughts and prayers.

Great shave today! Thanks to @Fightingillini22 for the inspiration for today's shave. Saw where he'd used Sun Down and it made me realize it had been a while since I used it. Great soap and scent. Three passes of DFS+ goodness. Finished with the matching splash/cologne + skin food.

Hope you have a great day. :)

PAA "Sun Down" Shave Soap / Semogue SOC Mistura badger/boar brush / Rockwell 6S (plate 4)
Gillette Platinum / Alum / PAA "Sun Down" Aftershave & Cologne + H.A.S. + ETHOS Revitalizin Serum

IMG-7068.jpg

I had to learn Point of Know Return for a band I was in a few years back. I was very confused. Since there is pretty much no guitar in the song, I was told to just learn the keyboard parts…even though we had a keyboard player 🤷🏻‍♂️
That's when the leather pants and swaying of hips become your bag.

giphy.gif

2 September, 2021

Let's get some tunes going this morning and I wanted to feature a couple from Warr Guitarist and King Crimson alum, Trey Gunn. Here are a couple from his 2000 solo release, The Joy of Molybdenum. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning! Great lather and leather/tobacco scent from the A&E soap. Three passes and I finished with a splash of Spanish Floid Mentolado Vigoroso (with skin food) and a spray of Lagerfeld classic which to my nose was a great complement to the Floid splash. Not a match but definitely sharing some of the same notes.

Hope you have a wonderful day. :)

Ariana & Evans "Tertius" Shave Soap / WWBW "Antique" 26mm Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Floid Mentolado Vigoroso After Shave + H.A.S. + ETHOS Revitalizing Serum / Lagerfeld Classic EdT

IMG-7078.jpg

3 September, 2021

Let's get right to some tunes this morning. Featuring a couple from instrumentalist Michael Gettel. Had dreams of travel last night and this is always one of my favorite "on-the-road" albums. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave to round out the workweek. New soap day from Wet The Face. It's called "Lodge 49" from the tragically short-lived television series. Great show and great soap! Nice light scent based on Tom Ford's "White Suede". I've never tried that frag so I can't comment on the soap's accuracy, but it was pleasant with a light leather/suede, woods and musk type scent. IT was a little thirsty but once I got the water right it provided three passes worth of slick lather. Finished with a splash of Epsilon "Scottish Spirit" after shave (with skin food) and a spray of Alexandria Fragrances "Golden Rush" parfum extract.

Wet The Face "Lodge 49" Shave Soap / YAQI Sagrada Familia Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Gillette Platinum
Alum / Epsilon "Scottish Spirit After Shave Splash / Alexandria Fragrances "Golden Rush" Parfum Extract

IMG-7085.jpg

8 September, 2021

Let's get some tunes rolling this morning. Here's a couple from the band Fourplay, featuring the great Lee Ritenour on guitar and bassist extraordinaire, Nathan East on bass guitar. Hope you enjoy!

Wonderful shave this morning. skipped yesterday so today's was especially nice! My ETHOS Personal Blend skin food in the "Fresco" fragrance blend landed yesterday so, of course I had to use it today. 😁

Outstanding performance and results all the way around. Finished with a spray of Versace "Dylan Blue" EdT. Excellent!!

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Fresco" Shave Soap / WWBW "Talisman" 26mm Synth / Tatara Masamune SS SB Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials Custom "Fresco" Skin Food Splash / Versace "Dylan Blue" EdT

IMG-7138.jpg

Dude, hope it's nothing more than general funk. Find the right music for the day!

Back