The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Thanks guys.. You're the best!! I'm good. Just didn't sleep well. Back pain kept me up most of the night. Waiting on workers comp to authorize another round of lumbar shots

Thanks guys.. You're the best!! I'm good. Just didn't sleep well. Back pain kept me up most of the night. Waiting on workers comp to authorize another round of lumbar shots
Oh man, that sucks. All the best, back pain is a bugger.

10 September, 2021

Good mornign Cadre! Hope you had a pleasnat evening.

Late post. Doctor's appt. this morning, though not the one I'm needing. Just a general check up with my regular doctor. All's well physically. A1C's great, BP's great, etc... Gotta go back in 6 months for annual blood work and stuff.

Needing an east Friday so for today's Morning Music segment I'm going back to Fourplay. Here are a few selections from their 2006 album "Ten". Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. Used the new "Clubhouse" soap from Fine Accoutrements. Great lather and scent. Finished with a splash of Pinaud Clubman (plus skin food) and a spray of CK "Obsession". Wonderful!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Fine Accoutrements "Clubhouse" Shave Soap / WWBW "Kokopelli" 26mm Synth / Tatara Masamune SB Razor / Wizamet
Alum / Pinaud Clubman After Shave Lotion + Hyaluronic Acid Serum + ETHOS Revitalizing Serum / CK Obsession

IMG-7146.jpg

Glad all’s well Mark (sans continued back issues of course)! Hopefully you get to put your feet up this weekend?

east Friday so for today's Morning Music segment I'm going back to Fourplay

Story about Nathan East. So, I live about half way between LA and San Diego. One day a few years ago I'm driving south on I5 going home from somewhere. So, also imagine SoCal freeway traffic; tl;dr, it's always heavy!! So, I'm in the second to the fast lane and there's a blue vintage Mercedes sport coupe/roadster 230/280 series that comes up alongside me, and it's Nathan East. Further confirming my suspicion, he passes me and his California custom license plate says, N EAST. I was so stoked. 🙌🙌 Turns out, he was raised in San Diego, and, of course many of the major recording studios are in LA. Who knew??

Story about Nathan East. So, I live about half way between LA and San Diego. One day a few years ago I'm driving south on I5 going home from somewhere. So, also imagine SoCal freeway traffic; tl;dr, it's always heavy!! So, I'm in the second to the fast lane and there's a blue vintage Mercedes sport coupe/roadster 230/280 series that comes up alongside me, and it's Nathan East. Further confirming my suspicion, he passes me and his California custom license plate says, N EAST. I was so stoked. 🙌🙌 Turns out, he was raised in San Diego, and, of course many of the major recording studios are in LA. Who knew??
That's awesome!! I saw Nathan at Summer NAMM several years ago. Wanted to speak with him but, of course, he had a large crowd around him. I did get "the finger" from Lee Sklar though! :ROFLMAO:

IMG_1785.jpg

Another beast of a bassist!

Back