The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

30 July, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Yup... It's still hot.. Heat index could hit 110° today..

giphy.gif

Featuring a couple of tunes from one of my favorite composers today, Thomas Bergersen. Hope you enjoy..

Great end-to-the-workweek shave today. The "Saguesera" is a great summer scent. Soap and matching splash and a spray of Hemingway Accouterments' new frag, "Nature Isle".

Hope you have a great day! :)

Barrister and Mann "Saguesera" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. Pro Handle Syth / Rockwell Model T / Parker Platinum / Alum
Barrister and Mann "Saguesera" Aftershave Splash (plus skin food) / Hemingway Accoutrements "Nature Isle" EdP

IMG-6797.jpg

Sounds like you moved into Dave’s neighborhood. Don’t forget to put a towel down first if you’re working neekid.

Sounds like you moved into Dave’s neighborhood. Don’t forget to put a towel down first if you’re working neekid.
Isn't Dave's neighborhood more of the "dry heat" type?? You want to know what real misery is? Come to the south in the middle of summer.. The humidity / heat's bad too.

Isn't Dave's neighborhood more of the "dry heat" type?? You want to know what real misery is? Come to the south in the middle of summer.. The humidity / heat's bad too.
I think ya’ll need at least one window A/C so you have someplace to escape the misery.

In Finland, that's called a Sauna.
Yep! Heat without the humidity is rough, but bearable.. I was out in South Dakota for work training back around '03 (I think it was for the new Lucent OC-12 multiplexer we were installing). We touched down in Rapid City and it was 103° (actual air temp). It was hot surely, but you could deal with it because it was only around 25% humidity..

Yep! Heat without the humidity is rough, but bearable.. I was out in South Dakota for work training back around '03 (I think it was for the new Lucent OC-12 multiplexer we were installing). We touched down in Rapid City and it was 103° (actual air temp). It was hot surely, but you could deal with it because it was only around 25% humidity..
Believe it or not, we've had a lot of high humidity hot days here, and it's been killing me, and I love the heat generally. Can't imagine those temps and high humidity.

2 August, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Getting some tunes going this morning featuring one of the greatest (IMO) prog-rock bands out there. Here's Spock's Beard. Hope you enjoy!

Wonderful shave today! Continuing on with the AR/H Appreciation Week today with this gem from Stirling Soap Co. I mentioned in the AR/HAW thread that Stirling was my first introduction to the "artisan soap" market and they've been a favorite ever since. And "Island Man" is one of their best. Soap, splash and EdT. Love it!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso Preshave Cream / Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" Shave Soap / YAQI "Atlantis Synth / PAA SS "META-4" / KAI
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" Aftershave Splash (+ Skin food) / Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" EdT

IMG-6821.jpg

9 August, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Took a break from the journal last week with the Artisan Retailer / Hobbyist Appreciation Week. But, I'm back now so let's get some tunes rolling this morning. Featuring some more tracks from the synthwave band, The Midnight. So, put on your leg warmers and pop your collars and enjoy!

Wonderful shave this morning! I'm actually continuing on with last week's appreciation themed shaves for this week as well. Lots of GREAT stuff available from our resident artisans and hobbyists and I believe I could do an "appreciation MONTH" and not use the same thing twice. But for today I decided to go with Stirling's "Orange Chill". Another hot one in store for today (and the entire week actually) so starting out with some menthol goodness seemed like a logical shave choice. Soap and matching witch hazel / aloe mentholated splash (with added skin food) and a spray of Creed "Original Santal". Fantastic!

Hope you have a great day! :)

Proraso Preshave Cream / Stirling Soap Co. "Orange Chill" Shave Soap / YAQI "Lucky Dice" Synth / PAA SS "META-4"
KAI / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Orange Chill" Witch Hazel & Aloe Splash + Skin Food / Creed "Original Santal" EdP

IMG-6882.jpg

I found this abandoned radio station and stopped by to class up the joint with a choir cover of a classic.

Which lead me to find out about these guys.

Which lead me to crank up my headphones in my office to ear-bleeding volumes to this.

Back