The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

I had a thing for this gal back in the day (like many others. I'm sure). She is Debbie Harry and the band is Blondie.
Had the biggest crush on her growing up - How about the song Call Me? Classic or The Tide is High?
You guys are fighting above your weight class; Debbie Harry is mine. Incidentally, keep away from Linda Ronstadt - she's mine, too. 😊

Hemingway Accoutrements Signature
Catching up and looked up this scent.

Why I would buy it - "While the grapefruit note lightly persists throughout it generously gives way to a complex fusion of deep bourbon, classic cedar wood, and rich full grain leather."

Why Mark bought it - "I have already had too many compliments from the opposite sex to leave without it."

You guys are fighting above your weight class; Debbie Harry is mine. Incidentally, keep away from Linda Ronstadt - she's mine, too. 😊
Dang Bruce!

giphy.gif

14 July, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Continuing on with yesterday's theme, here's another gal I had a thing for back in the day. She's Stevie Nicks and the band is Fleetwood Mac. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave this morning. The menthol kick from the MitA soap was just what I needed to jump start my morning! Great lather and scent with chilly, boozy, limey goodness! Finished with the matching witch hazel and aloe splash and a spray of Versace "Eau Fraiche" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso Preshave Cream / Stirling Soap Co. "Margaritas In The Arctic" Shave Soap / PAA "Phantom Aerolite" Synth / Rockwell Model T
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Margaritas In The Arctic" Witch Hazel & Aloe Splash / Versace "Eau Fraiche" EdT

IMG-6706.jpg

15 July, 2021

In a fusion mood again today so I'm going to feature a trio of songs by drummer extraordinaire, Dave Weckl. These cuts also feature one of my favorite bassists, Anthony Jackson and the late Chick Corea on piano and keyboard. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning! Cranked the Model T up to max this morning (setting 6 / 0.79mm) just to see what it was like. Very nice shave! Two passes and a touch up was all that was needed for a wonderful BBS shave. First use of the H&V "Duc De Santal" shave soap and it was great. VERY familiar scent! I have smelled this somewhere before but I can't remember where. The website states the scent profile as:

Scent Profile: Sandalwood, Spicy Nutmeg, Tree Moss, Lemon Citrus, Exotic Patchouli

I don't know, maybe it's the patchouli but this smells like a product I've used before and I love it! Wonderful scent. Will have to spring for the matching after shave. Finished with a splash of Epsilon Amber (a full-size bottle of this is in my future as well), and a spray of Amouage "Imitation Man" EdP.

Proraso Preshave Cream / Henri et Victoria "Duc De Santal" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Antique" Synth / Rockwell Model T
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Epsilon Amber After Shave Splash (plus skin food) / Amouage "Imitation Man" EdP

IMG-6713.jpg

I feel the same about the Duc De Santal, it smells familiar but I can’t place it.

I think you had asked me if I would purchase again and I said probably not. The reason was that I am wanting to reduce my soap stash. But I have been re-evaluating soaps since then and it has moved into the keep stash.

I feel the same about the Duc De Santal, it smells familiar but I can’t place it.

I think you had asked me if I would purchase again and I said probably not. The reason was that I am wanting to reduce my soap stash. But I have been re-evaluating soaps since then and it has moved into the keep stash.
I will have to find what this smells like. It's going to drive me crazy if I don't. LOL!

16 July, 2021

On this day in 1945 the United States detonated the first atomic bomb near Alamogordo, New Mexico (code name: "Trinity") and so I thought some appropriate music was in order. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave today. First use of the Nancy Boy shave cream and I can't believe I finally found it! A cream with the qualities of a great tallow soap! That's like seeing Bigfoot riding on a unicorn and getting selfies with them. WOW! This stuff is incredible! I had seen other use it and had always been curious so I finally ordered some. Just a travel size container but I'll be getting more eventually. Will have to take this along on the vacation later this year. Finished with a splash of unscented ETHOS "Clean" Skin Food and followed with the Nancy Boy balm ending with a spray of Versace "Dylan Blue" EdT. Great end to the workweek!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Nancy Boy Signature Shave Cream / YAQI "Atlantis" 24mm Synth / Rockwell Model T
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / ETHOS "Clean" Skin Food Splash / Nancy Boy Signature Balm / Versace "Dylan Blue" EdT

IMG-6719.jpg

19 July, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Let's get some tunes going this Monday morning. Here's some Snarky Puppy & Metropole Orkfest with a trio of tunes for the Sylva album. Hope you enjoy!

Skipped shaving yesterday so today's shave was particularly nice. Went with "Velvet Wood" from CBL. Lovely scent and great lather. Went with the Zenith boar again because it's such a great brush. Finished with a splash of Epsilon "Blue Mediterranean" after shave and a spray of AdP Blu Mediterraneo "Fico di Amalfi" EdT. Wonderful!

Proraso Preshave Cream / CBL Apothecary "Velvet Wood" Shave Soap / Zenith Boar / Rockwell Model T / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Epsilon "Blue Mediterranean" After Shave Splash + Skin Food / AdP Blu Mediterraneo "Fico di Amalfi" EdT

IMG-6750.jpg

Last edited:
Back