The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

8 July, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

On this day in the year 1497, Vasco da Gama completed his first voyage from Lisbon to India, ultimately opening a sea route from western Europe to Asia by way of the Cape of Good Hope & ushering in a new era in world history. And so, in light of Gama's achievement, I thought some appropriate music was in order. Hope you enjoy!

Wonderful shave this morning! First use of Frank's new "Vanilla Safi" (Pure Vanilla in Swahili) shave soap and I was blown away with the performance for sure, but especially by the scent! This soap smell delicious! Single note shave items have to really bring it IMO, or else it falls flat. Vanilla Safi does exactly that. Pure , sweet and warm. Not an inexpensive item but IMO definitely worth every penny. I got the 1oz. size because anything larger is quite a gamble for a blind buy. But I may have start saving my pennies for a 4oz. jar. This stuff is good!

Finished with a splash of Nivea Vanilla and Bourbon aftershave and a spray of Hemingway Accoutrements Signature EdP. Great start to the day!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso Preshave Cream / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Vanilla Safi" Shave Soap / Fender Medium Guitar Pick / PAA "Amber Aerolite" Brush
Rockwell Model T / Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Nivea DEEP "Vanilla and Bourbon" After Shave / Hemingway Accoutrements Signature EdP

IMG-6658.jpg

On this day in the year 1497, Vasco da Gama completed his first voyage from Lisbon to India, ultimately opening a sea route from western Europe to Asia by way of the Cape of Good Hope & ushering in a new era in world history.
Great! Now I have to actually learn something - typical highbrow Navy. My Army brain is now completely filled

8 July, 2021

On this day in the year 1497, Vasco da Gama completed his first voyage from Lisbon to India, ultimately opening a sea route from western Europe to Asia by way of the Cape of Good Hope & ushering in a new era in world history. And so, in light of Gama's achievement, I thought some appropriate music was in order. Hope you enjoy!

Wonderful shave this morning! First use of Frank's new "Vanilla Safi" (Pure Vanilla in Swahili) shave soap and I was blown away with the performance for sure, but especially by the scent! This soap smell delicious! Single note shave items have to really bring it IMO, or else it falls flat. Vanilla Safi does exactly that. Pure , sweet and warm. Not an inexpensive item but IMO definitely worth every penny. I got the 1oz. size because anything larger is quite a gamble for a blind buy. But I may have start saving my pennies for a 4oz. jar. This stuff is good!

Finished with a splash of Nivea Vanilla and Bourbon aftershave and a spray of Hemingway Accoutrements Signature EdP. Great start to the day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Vanilla Safi" Shave Soap / Fender Medium Guitar Pick / PAA "Amber Aerolite" Brush
Rockwell Model T / Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Nivea DEEP "Vanilla and Bourbon" After Shave / Hemingway Accoutrements Signature EdP

View attachment 55170

Haha, Fender medium 351 style: the best!!

fender351.png

9 July, 2021

It's Fusion Friday here at WMRK Internet Radio (All Hits - All The Time!), so let's get things rolling this morning with one of my all-time favorite drummers. From his 2011 album Symbiosis, here's a triple play with Simon Phillips. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. New soap day. First use of "Asylum Flying Mango" shave soap is a limited edition joint venture between BullGoose Shaving Supplies and Saponificio Varesino. Overall performance is fantastic, with the great lather and post shave face feel you expect fro SV thanks to the their Beta 4.3 base but with added mango butter. The scent to my nose is very nice with tobacco, light citrus, pepper and woody (cedar?) notes standing out most prominently. The lather was thick and yogurt-like and gave a fantastic shaving base. Finished with a splash of Aficionado after shave (with added skin food) and a spray of Czech & Speake "Cuba". Fantastic finish to the workweek!

Asylum "Flying Mango" Shave Soap / Simpson Trafalgar T3 Synth / Rockwell Model T / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / "Aficionado" After Shave Splash + H.A.S. + ETHOS Reméde Serum / Czech & Speake "Cuba" EdC

IMG-6664.jpg

Strange soap name 😂 …but sounds very nice! Have a good one Mark!
giphy.gif

12 July, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

In a not-so-great mood this morning. Didn't sleep well at all last night. Back and hip were giving me no end of reasons to wake up. Had a great shave but needing extra coffee to get things rolling today. Luckily I have the proper cup..

worlds-largest-coffee-cup-sleep-320x320.jpg

Not giving too much thought to today's Morning Music. This song came up when I just hit "shuffle" on my entire iPhone music library. So, that's what I'm going with. Si, Monday morning Prog Rock on the way. Here is a triple play from the band Opeth off their 2014 album Pale Communion. Hope you enjoy.

Despite the rocky start (and sleep-deprived bloodshot eyes), I had a great shave this morning. It helped that I minimized the chances of things going wrong. Went with WSP's "Mahogany". Great scent and I always get a great lather from their soaps. Stirling's "Li'l Brudder 22mm synth is the little brush that could! Can't believe that I got three passes worth of lather out of this little guy. Think I've found my travel brush when me and the missus vacate in October. Finished with some Stetson aftershave splash mixed with ETHOS "Clean" Skin Food splash and a spray of Stetson EdC.

Proraso Preshave Cream / WSP Formula T "Mahogany" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. "Li'l Brudder" Synth / Rockwell Model T
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Stetson Aftershave Splash + ETHOS "Clean" Skin Food Splash / Stetson EdC

IMG-6685.jpg

13 July, 2021

Much better night's rest last night and in a better mood today because of it. 🎉

Let's get some tunes started today, I had a thing for this gal back in the day (like many others. I'm sure). She is Debbie Harry and the band is Blondie. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave today. Went with Moon Soap's "Havana" soap and splash. Great summer combo. Finished with a spray of Mont Blanc "Individuel" which, if you're a fan of Creed's Original Santal but not of its price tag, is a more wallet-friendly alternative.

Proraso Preshave Cream / Moon Soap "Havana" Shave Soap / Shavemac 177 Synth / Rockwell Model T
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Moon Soap "Havana" Post Shave Balm / Mont Blanc "Individuel" EdT

IMG-6701.jpg

Back