The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

1 July, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Getting some tunes going this morning. Here's Wes Montgomery with 1965's Bumpin', Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today. Will be using the Phoenix Shaving "Fireworks" shave soap now through Independence Day. Quirky, funky soap that really does smell like fireworks! Great lather as well. Three passes with the Lupo produced a DFS++. Finished with a splash of Stirling "Orange Chill" witch hazel & aloe splash and a spray of Island Man. Wonderful start to the day!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "Fireworks" Shave Soap / PAA "Starcraft" Synth / RazoRock Lupo 72 / Polsilver S.I.
Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Orange Chill" Witch Hazel & Aloe Splash / Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" EdT

IMG-6614.jpg

6 July, 2021

Blah! Back to work after a long weekend always blows.. 😫 Had a great weekend. Very busy. Seemed like we were constantly going from one house to another with family GTGs, band mate GTGs, etc. Had fun but kinda glad it's over. Let's get some tunes going this morning. Here's a couple from Chick Corea Elektric Band. Hope you enjoy.

Okay shave this morning. Don't know if I screwed up my prep but there seemed to be a lot of tugging from the blade. I can typically get 12 to 14 shave off a Polsilver before it starts to decline. Could it possibly be from having greater blade exposure? Not sure but I think I'll jettison this one and move on tomorrow to another blade / razor set up. By my count I have enough blades for 26 years of shaves. By that time I'll be around 80 and if I'm still upright I'll explore other options. 😁

Hope you have a great day! :)

Proraso Preshave Cream / M&M "Gael Luc" Shave Soap / Semogue SOC "Mistura" Brush / RazoRock Lupo 72
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / Proraso Liquid Cream After Shave / Lalique Pour Homme EdT

IMG-6636.jpg

7 July, 2021

Getting some much-needed rain this morning. Kinda dreary so let's brighten things up with some tunes from The Rippingtons. Hope you enjoy!

Better prep, better shave and as a result, overall better mood this morning. 😁 The new soap from Phoenix Shaving landed yesterday (along with a new brush from Wild West Brushworks) so I used it this morning. Great scent and performance. Very green and spicy. Finished with the matching splash (with added skin food) and a spray of Cool Water EdT. Very nice!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "Fresco" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Rally the Valley" Synth / Rockwell Model T
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / PAA "Fresco" Aftershave Splash + H.A.S. + ETHOS Reméde Serum / Cool Water EdT

IMG-6641.jpg

Back