The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

21 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Let's get some music going this morning with a little 80's music that's NOT from the 80's. Of course I mean SynthWave. So, from their 2015 album Borderline, Here's Duett featuring Stewart Lockwood. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning. Phoenix Shaving's "Immortal Peach" is a fantastic summer soap. Great scent and the lather (original Crown King base) is fantastic. Got in my sample of Epsilon's Blue Mediterranean after shave and to my nose it's very close to the old Blue Floid splash (still have some of the original Floid Blue left... But not much). IMO the Epsilon amber is much closer to the original than the blue. Still, it's a great splash and close enough that I'll likely snag a bottle once my bottle of Blue Floid is gone. Finished with a spray of Ethos "Succes" EdP.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "Immortal Peach" shave Soap / RazoRock 400 Noir SE / Feather AS-D2 / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Epsilon Blue Mediterranean After Shave Splash + Skin Food / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Succes" EdP

IMG-6535.jpg

Here we are! It's finally Friday and for today's Morning Music we're setting the Way-Back machine to the 1970's with a triple play from Rock and Heavy Metal pioneers, Deep Purple. Hope you enjoy!
Great! Now I've got "Highway Star" playing in my head! Thankfully, I like the song.

22 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Getting some music going for your morning with this gem from 1965. Live from Jazz 625, here's the Bill Evans Trio. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Got in a sample of Stirling's (new?) soap called "Campania" which is patterned after AdP's "Fico di Amalfi". Great scent and I'm seriously thinking about snagging a bottle. Great summer scent. New Yaqi brush today as well. WCS had them on clearance (30% off) so I grabbed one. Finished with a splash of Stirling's Orange Chill Witch Hazel and a spray of Creed "Silver Mountain Water".

Proraso Preshave Cream / Stirling Soap Co. "Campania" Shave Soap / Yaqi "Arctic Ski" Synth / Feather AS-D2
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Orange Chill" Witch Hazel / Creed "Silver Mountain Water EdP

IMG-6541.jpg

23 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a restful evening.

In a fusion mood this morning for I thought I'd feature a live performance from the late, great Chick Corea. Here he is with the rest of the Elektric Band at the 2003 Estival Jazz Switzerland. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. Again, fantastic results from the Murphy & McNeil soap and the scent is so nice I sprung for the matching splash and EdP. Not much more to add.

Proraso Preshave Cream / Murphy & McNeil "BDLM" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Antique" Synth
Feather AS-D2 / Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Murphy & McNeil "BDLM" After Shave Splash & EdP

IMG-6546.jpg

24 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a wonderful evening.

Getting some music kicked off this morning with a group of three world-class musicians who I'm sure you've never heard of LOL! Guitarist - Guthrie Govan, drummer - Marco Minnemman & bassist - Brian Beller. Collectively they're known as The Aristocrats and here they are live from their 2013 ~ 2014 tour. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Moved on from the Feather and popped a fresh Polsilver into the Lupo 72. Fantastic three pass shave. Was a little startling going from the relatively mild Feather to the Lupo which has more blade exposure. Had to remind myself that the Lupo is nowhere near as mild and forgiving as the Feather so I had to be mindful of my technique (angle / pressure / etc.). Went with Fine's Italian Citrus which provided a fantastic base. Finished with a splash of AdP "Colonia" after shave (plus skin food) and cologne. Wonderful!

Fine "Italian Citrus" Shave Soap / RazoRock "Monster" 26mm Synth / RazoRock Lupo 72 / Polsilver S.I.
Alum / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" After Shave Splash + Skin Food / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG-6553.jpg

Mmm…nice way to kick off the day, with a good, Italian classic scent! 😎👌
giphy.gif

25 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's "Frank Friday" here at WMRK Internet Radio (All Hits.. All The Time! 📻 ) and from A Token Of His Extreme, here's "Inca Roads". Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today! The Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Ribeira cream is fantastic. Not much scent and what scent there is is on the medicinal side but the lather quality and performance more than make up for any olfactory shortcomings. Finished with a splash of Williams Aqua Velva (plus skin food) and a spray of Versace Pour Homme. Another great summer frag. A little goes a long way. An EdT with EdP strength!

Hope you have a great day. 🙂

Proraso Preshave Cream / Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Ribeira Shave Cream / PAA Phantom Aerolite / RazoRock Lupo 72
Polsilver S.I. / Alum / Williams "Aqua Velva" After Shave Splash / Vesace Pour Homme EdT

IMG-6572.jpg

Back