The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

28 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Let's get some music going this morning. In an "Art Pop" / "New Wave" mood this morning so here are a few from the band Japan. Bassist Mick Karn (RIP) was an incredible bassist. Whereas most bassists cite Jaco as their main inspiration for moving into the fretless realm, for me it was Karn (along with Shadowfax's bassist Phil Maggini). Definitely a singular voice on the instrument. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. Observed "No Shave Sunday" yesterday so today's shave was especially nice! Went with Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime which is a fantastic summer scent. Matching soap and splash and a spray of Stirling's "Island Man" EdT and I'm ready to be on a beach! :cool:🌴🥥🏖️

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso Preshave Cream / Seaforth! "Sea Spice Lime" Shave Soap / Shavemac 177 Synth / RazoRock Lupo 72
Polsilver S.I. / Alum / Seaforth! "Sea Spice Lime" After Shave Toner / Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" EdT

IMG-6588.jpg

29 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Let's get some tunes rolling this morning with a couple from double bassist extraordinaire, Ron Carter. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave this morning. Great scent and lather from the Phoenix Shaving "Hotel Cecil" soap. Three passes gave a DFS+ result and I finished with a splash of the matching after shave (plus skin food) and a spray of AdP Blu Mediterraneo "Fico di Amalfi" EdT. Excellent!

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "Hotel Cecil" Shave Soap / Kent H8 Pure Badger / RazoRock Lupo 72 / Polsilver S.I.
Alum / PAA "Hotel Cecil" After Shave Splash / Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo "Fico di Amalfi" EdT

IMG-6596.jpg

30 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Let's ease on into this Wednesday morning with the smooth sounds of George Benson. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave this morning. New soap day and I was extremely impressed with its quality and performance. I was sent a sample of the MacDuff's "Royal Earl Grey" aftershave and really liked the scent. It truly smelled like fine loose leaf Earl Grey tea! So, I chanced a blind buy and was rewarded in the end. First, the soap is very soft. Softer than a croap and more akin to a stiffened cream. The scent off the soap is medium to medium-strong so if you're a fan of more heavily scented soaps (as I am), you'd probably like this soap. I wonder if their other soaps are scented as strongly). I messed up and overloaded the brush (I'm used to the consistency of the typical soft soap) however I was able to salvage the lather (had enough for probably 5 to 6 passes). Very slick and cushioning. Now, let's take a moment and consider what to me is one of the BEST soap labels of all time. This lovely young Victorian lady is enjoying her cuppa and appears to be listening intently to an unseen companion sitting across from her. But what pushes it over the edge into greatness is that expression on her face! You can almost hear her thinking "B***h, don't try to push that bulls**t on me". :ROFLMAO:

Three passes resulted in a DFS++ and post shave face-feel was great. No dryness or tight feel. The aftershave is non alcoholic and very soothing. Had a bit of tacky feel after application but that may have been from adding some of the ETHOS Revitalizing serum to it. Wonderful!

Proraso Preshave Cream / MacDuff Soap Co. "Royal Earl Grey" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Gold Coast" Synth / RazoRock Lupo 72
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / MacDuff Soap Co. "Royal Earl Grey" After Shave Splash / Versace "Eau Fraiche" EdT

IMG-6606.jpg

Back