The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

14 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Feeling lazy so YOU are the DJ today! Post up a tune that you're really enjoying at the moment (I'm really looking for new ideas in music ;) )

Great shave this morning. Great lather and performance from the A&E soap. Scent probably wasn't the best idea in this Alabama heat and humidity. A little much. Definitely a late winter / early spring type scent IMO. Probably going into storage until then. Nice scent, though it's a little sweet. Soap and splash and a spray of Hemingway Accoutrements "Souks of Morocco" EdP. The spice in the frag balanced the sweet floral of the splash.

Hope you have a great day. :)

A&E "Amber Rose" Shave Soap / Stirling Pro Handle Synth / Feather AS-D2 / Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum
A&E "Amber Rose" After-shave Splash & Skin Food / Hemingway Accoutrements "Souks of Morocco" EdP

IMG-6479.jpg

I just love the slow deep beat of that one. Would like to know of anything else similar.

Ya, but I like the super chill feeling of the other one.
I'm sorry but you're wrong..

giphy.gif

"Wanna put my tender heart in a blender watch it spin around to a beautiful oblivion"
"SoCal is where my mind states, but it's not my state of mind" @GearNoir
"Or am I origami, folded up and just pretend?"
"I burn burn like a wicker cabinet, shock white and oh so frail"

That whole song is full of awesome lines!

"Wanna put my tender heart in a blender watch it spin around to a beautiful oblivion"
"SoCal is where my mind states, but it's not my state of mind" @GearNoir
"Or am I origami, folded up and just pretend?"
"I burn burn like a wicker cabinet, shock white and oh so frail"

That whole song is full of awesome lines!
I kid, I kid…

It is a modern classic…right along side:

15 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great night.

Let's get some tunes rolling this morning. Gonna go with a few from John McLaughlin off his 2006 album, Industrial Zen. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave (and better scent choices) this morning. Had I realized what day yesterday was I would have used this soap (it was National Bourbon Day). C'est la vie.. Nice mild scent and stellar lather. Two passes and a touch-up was all that I needed. Finished with a splash of Epsilon Amber which I will get a full bottle of eventually. Great "Original Floid" scent and not the watered down disappointment that they're selling now (talking about the Italian version, not the Spanish one). Finished with a spray of Versace Man "Eau Fraiche". Think it has enough "old man" characteristics to let me pull it off. Excellent!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso Preshave Cream / Wholly Kaw "King of Bourbon" Shave Soap / Yaqi "Giotto" Synth / Feather AS-D2
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Epsilon Amber After Shave Splash / Versace Man "Eau Fraiche" EdT

IMG-6484.jpg

Back