The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Hey, I've got it! Trio: Steve Jordan, John Mayer, Pino Palladino! Trio: @MarkB, @GearNoir, @bosch; 2 bassists and a preacher!! :unsure:

Whaddya think?? 😉
Making a joyful noise! In very low registers... 😁
Could work! I’ve got quite a range…some might go so far as to say it’s so good it should never be used 🤔
@GearNoir this guy is posting music from Disney's electrical parade? I think we should take back over!
We may need to stage an intervention, yes.

16 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

For today's Morning Music segment, I want to feature who, along with Pino Palladino, is one of my all-time favorite bassists. He is Anthony Jackson. This cat's pretty much played with everyone. Just check out his credits here:

Here's just a few from that lict.

Great shave today though my lather game was off. Can't say what happened but the lather came out rather thin. However, it was slicker than whale snot so despite the lack of cushion, it afforded an acceptable base for three passes of BBS shaving bliss. Finished with a splash of LA Shave Co. "Black Rose" (plus skin food additives) and a spray of Czech & Speake No.88. Excellent!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso Preshave Cream / Czech & Speake No.88 Shave Soap / Oz Shaving + PAA Synth / Feather AS-D2 / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / LA Shave Co. "Black Rose" Aftershave Splash + ETHOS Revitalizing Serum + H.A.S. / Czech & Speake No.88 EdC

IMG-6496.jpg

17 June, 2021

Getting some tunes started for your morning. Here's a couple from a group I just discovered this past weekend. They're called Gnarbot and here's a couple of tracks from their 2020 album Meinl Sessions, Vol. 1. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today! I've said it before and I'll say it again, the SV Dolomiti is a fantastic soap. Great lather! Very slick. Very cushioning. And great post-shave face feel. Finished with the matching ASL and a spray of a new frag, Amouage "Imitation Man". Excellent!

Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" Shave Soap / PAA "Phantom Aerolite" / Feather AS-D2 / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" After Shave Lotion / Amouage "Imitation Man" EdP

IMG-6515.jpg

18 June, 2021

Here we are! It's finally Friday and for today's Morning Music we're setting the Way-Back machine to the 1970's with a triple play from Rock and Heavy Metal pioneers, Deep Purple. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave on which to end the work week. Again the Murphy and McNeil soaps impress. Rapidly becoming one of my favorite bases. Went with one called "Pisgah" today. A very nice. balanced scent featuring citrus, spices and woods and the lather was incredible. Finished with a splash of Blue Floid and a spray of Versace "Eau Fraiche". Great star to the day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Murphy & McNeil "Pisgah" Shave Soap / Shavemac 177 Synth / Feather AS-D2
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Blue Floid (plus Skin Food) / Vesace "Eau Fraiche" EdT

IMG-6520.jpg

Back