The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

@GearNoir @MarkB So, I know we were just joking, right? Upon further reflection, I recall a concert in the 70s at Anaheim Stadium w/ the Beach Boys & Chicago. I recall that it may have been one of the first concerts they had there. Beginning of Summer, warm weather, cool music, etc. It was open seating and we got there late and had to sit in 2nd tier seating near left field which was okay, because the stage was in center field.

Anyway, regarding sax and the Beach Boys. Of course they joined forces on stage for the finale which was Jumping Jack Flash, a little known song by some English band I can't recall the name of. So, there was a sax player w/ Chicago on stage at the same time as the Beach Boys. Haha!

tl;dr Later in the show the 2nd and 3rd tier sections began oscillating to the beat of the music. Police, firemen, helicopters and others came to the rescue and threatened to cancel the rest of the concert if we didn't stop rocking. Haha! Bottom line, they never canceled the show and we had a great time! There was talk that structural engineers had to investigate. Not sure the outcome, but we still have concerts there. Trivia follows. Note the ticket prices. :oops:

anaheim1.png

anaheim2.png

@GearNoir @MarkB So, I know we were just joking, right? Upon further reflection, I recall a concert in the 70s at Anaheim Stadium w/ the Beach Boys & Chicago. I recall that it may have been one of the first concerts they had there. Beginning of Summer, warm weather, cool music, etc. It was open seating and we got there late and had to sit in 2nd tier seating near left field which was okay, because the stage was in center field.

Anyway, regarding sax and the Beach Boys. Of course they joined forces on stage for the finale which was Jumping Jack Flash, a little known song by some English band I can't recall the name of. So, there was a sax player w/ Chicago on stage at the same time as the Beach Boys. Haha!

tl;dr Later in the show the 2nd and 3rd tier sections began oscillating to the beat of the music. Police, firemen, helicopters and others came to the rescue and threatened to cancel the rest of the concert if we didn't stop rocking. Haha! Bottom line, they never canceled the show and we had a great time! There was talk that structural engineers had to investigate. Not sure the outcome, but we still have concerts there. Trivia follows. Note the ticket prices. :oops:

View attachment 53510

View attachment 53511
THAT must have been awesome!! 🤩

9 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a wonderful evening.

Gonna take a bit of a left turn for today's Morning Music segment. Gonna feature a few songs from the rock group, Goblin. Goblin is an Italian Progressive Rock group that have been around in various incarnations since 1972. They are most widely known for their soundtrack work with Italian director Dario Argento as well as the soundtrack to the European release of George Romero's "Dawn of the Dead". Here are a few from their 2015 album, Four of a Kind. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today. Fine's "Lavender Pour Homme" is an exact match for Czech & Speake's "Oxford & Cambridge" cologne, my favorite masculine lavender. Soap, matching splash (plus skin food) and a spray of O&C cologne and I'm ready to face the day!!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso Preshave Cream / Fine Accoutrements "Lavender Pour Homme" Shave Soap / Green Light Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor / Wizamet
Alum / Fine Accoutrements "Lavender Pour Homme" Splash + H.A.S. + Ethos Revitalizing Serum / Czech & Speake "Oxford & Cambridge" EdC

IMG-6448.jpg

10 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Morning Music time and today I'm featuring one of my all-time favorite guitarists. Al Di Meola! Featuring a few songs from his 2006 album, Consequence Of Chaos. Got to see him live that year as well. It was INCREDIBLE!! Drove up to Germantown, Tennessee and saw him at the local performing arts center (front row, stage right). Great town! Right on the outskirts of Memphis. Stayed overnight and had a very nice meal and took in some of the sights. Hope you enjoy.

Wonderful shave today! Excellent performance and results from the Henri et Victoria soap and balm. And the scent is wonderful! Finished with a spray of Hemingway Accoutrements Signature EdP.

Proraso Preshave Cream / Henri et Victoria "Cognac and Cuban Cigars" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Majesty" Synth
Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor /
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Henri et Victoria "Cognac and Cuban Cigars" Aftershave Balm
Hemingway Accoutrements Signature EdP

IMG-6455.jpg

Last edited:
Chicago was the band I went for.
Early Chicago/Chicago Transit Authority was one rocking band. I loved them. Their later pop hits were nice enough tunes, and no doubt made them lots of money, but what was lost was the jazz-influenced improvisation IMO. Ever see them do "25 0r 6 to 4" at the R&R HOF? They blew the doors off the place, silencing all the critics who claimed they didn't belong in the Hall.
Found this "video", which has excellent sound quality. There is an audience video, but the sound is subpar. The official R&R HOF show about the 2016 induction, which I watched on TV, is amazing. The band was having a ball, and they were absolutely on fire.

We now return to our regular programming...

11 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Let's go with some Pat Metheny for today's Morning Music. Here he is live in 1992. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic end-to-the-workweek shave. Can't go wrong with a shave featuring Frank's wares. They're some of the best I've used. Went with "Melange d'agrumes" soap and matching skin food. Finished with a spray of Stirling "Island Man". Nice summer shave!

ETHOS "Melange d'agrumes" Shave Soap / WIld West Brushworks "REM Cycle" Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / ETHOS "Melange d'agrumes" Skin Food Splash / Stirling Soap Co. "Island Man" EdT

IMG-6462.jpg

Back