The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Extra $$$ paid out for the Feather worth it over say a Tech?
It's been so long since I've used a Tech I really can't say. You can get great shaves from either so in the end I think the question is more along the lines of is the extra expenditure "worth it" to you.

If you're curious maybe keep an eye out for a used one. A little more budget friendly that way.

It's been so long since I've used a Tech I really can't say. You can get great shaves from either so in the end I think the question is more along the lines of is the extra expenditure "worth it" to you.

If you're curious maybe keep an eye out for a used one. A little more budget friendly that way.
@GearNoir sorry if my reply came across a little flippant... Not intentional, brother.. :)

Well heck, that Stirling is quite the bargain then.
giphy.gif

4 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Happy Friday!

In a Jazz / Fusion mood again today so I thought I'd finish the work week with a couple from the Hiromi Trio Project. From the 2013 album Move here is "Move" and "Brand New Day". Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today! Decided to go with a sure-fire, home run setup today. Frank's "Colonia" line is the closest to the original scent-wise. Well, to my nose it is. Thinking of getting some of the EdP when my current bottle of AdP runs out. Soap and matching skin food (+ Revitalizing Serum) plus a spray of AdP Colonia and I'm set!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Proraso Preshave Cream / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Shave Soap / RazoRock Chubby Extra Silver Tip / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Skin Food Splash + Revitalizing Serum / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG-6389.jpg

7 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Let's get some tunes rolling this morning. Here is the late, great Art Pepper. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today! Great scent and performance from the Zingari Soap and splash. Nice and dark spice / rose scent with a touch of woods. Finished with a spray of Creed's Royal Mayfair EdP to brighten it up a little. Great start to the week!

Hope you have a great day! :) 🌹

Proraso Preshave Cream / Zingari Man "No. 1" LE Shave Soap / Semogue SOC Mistura Brush / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Zingari Man "No. 1" After Shave Balm / Creed "Royal Mayfair" EdP

IMG-6430.jpg

8 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Sticking with the saxophone theme fro yesterday, for today's Morning Music I'm featuring the great Frank Morgan. Here is his 1985 album Easy Living. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today. "Beachy Barbershop" vibe for today's shave. Went with Phoenix Shaving's "Good Vibrations". Great, slick lather from the soap with nice cushion and post-shave face feel. Finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and solid cologne.

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "Good Vibrations" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Brush / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Wizamet / Alum / PAA "Good Vibrations" Aftershave Splash + H.A.S. + ETHOS Revitalizing Serum / PAA "Good Vibrations" Solid Cologne

IMG-6435.jpg

8 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Sticking with the saxophone theme fro yesterday, for today's Morning Music I'm featuring the great Frank Morgan. Here is his 1985 album Easy Living. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today. "Beachy Barbershop" vibe for today's shave. Went with Phoenix Shaving's "Good Vibrations". Great, slick lather from the soap with nice cushion and post-shave face feel. Finished with the matching splash (+ skin food) and solid cologne.

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "Good Vibrations" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Brush / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Wizamet / Alum / PAA "Good Vibrations" Aftershave Splash + H.A.S. + ETHOS Revitalizing Serum / PAA "Good Vibrations" Solid Cologne

View attachment 53495

Not sure if this is still in play, but a couple possibilities for the name of your Yacht Rock band straight from this post: Easy Living, Beachy Barbershop :oops: , or Good Vibrations... ;)

Back