The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

1 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

In a Peter Gabriel mood this morning so here are a couple from the album So. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today! Love the SV70 scent and performance. The lather is a bit of a paradox. It doesn't feel very dense when building the lather on my face, but it's some of the most cushioning lather I've ever used. And that scent!! :love::love::love:

Will probably end up snagging a bottle of the cologne eventually.

Finished with the matching splash and a spray of Creed Silver Mountain Water EdP.

Hope you have a great day!

Saponificio Varesino 70th Ann. SE Shave Soap / RazoRock Tricolor Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Saponificio Varesino 70th Ann. SE After Shave Lotion / Creed Silver Mountain Water EdP

IMG-6369.jpg

Catching up. Glad you have recovered and look forward to your selfie in your Sickk Wear!

2 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

In a Jazz/Fusion mood this morning so here are a few from bassist/composer John Patitucci off his self-titled 1988 debut. Now normally I'm not a fan of bass-led music. Ironic I know, seeing as I'm a bass player, but most of them (IMO) are boring collections of 5 minute slap-and-pop wank fests with no real composition at all. John is one of the few that I really enjoy listening to. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. The Murphy & McNeil soaps are rapidly ascending to the top of my fave soap list. Great lather, great scent and great post-shave face feel. Two passes were all that was needed today. The Karve is a very efficient razor. Finished with a splash of Ginger's Garden "Private Reserve" and a spray of Creed Original Santal EdP.

Hope you have a great day.

Proraso Preshave Cream / Murphy & McNeil "Ouroboros" Shave Soap / Stirling Pro Handle Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Ginger's Garden "Private Reserve" Aftershave Splash / Creed "Original Santal" EdP

IMG-6376.jpg

3 June, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Noisy morning around here today. Had a line of storms roll through right about the time I awoke. Lots of lightning and thunder! 🌩️

Getting some jam-band action going for today's Morning Music segment. I used to listen to Phish quite a bit back in the 90's. Never was a huge fan like many but I enjoyed their music. So here are a few from various albums. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning! Try as I might I just couldn't wait to take the new razor for a spin. So I popped in a fresh Wizamet and used it this morning. Great shaver. A little on the mild side but that's known with this razor. However I find that with good prep and proper technique, you can get a BBS shave from just about any razor. And today was just that, three passes of BBS bliss! Great lather from the B&M "Citricuya" soap. Finished with a splash of vintage Avon "Seazone" After Shave (plus skin foods) and a spray of Creed "Virgin Island Water" (sample I ordered to compare to Stirling's "Island Man" and it's really damn close!).

Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Barrister and Mann "Citricuya" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks Synth / Feather AS-D2 / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Avon "Seazone" After Shave Splash + H.A.S. + ETHOS Revitalizing Serum / Creed "Virgin Island Water" EdP

IMG-6381.jpg

Back