The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

I'd have to check, but I think I have more tins of WSP Formula T than any other single shave soap in the den. Great stuff for sure.

19 May 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Let's get some tunes rolling this morning. How about a little Earth Wind & Fire? BUT! Some of the deeper cuts... ;)

Great shave today. My Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime arrived and I used it this morning. Fantastic scent and incredibly slick and dense lather. Great summer soap! Finished with the matching aftershave toner and a spray of Clubman Citrus Musk. Wonderful!!

Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Spearhead Shaving "Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime" Shave Soap / Stirling Pro Handle 26mm Synth / PAA SS META-4
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Spearhead Shaving "Seaforth! Sea Spice Lime" Aftershave Toner / Clubman "Citrus Musk" EdC

IMG-6286.jpg

Very interesting article. Had no idea. This is said to be a recording of the lady herself.

I had the same response. IMO, she's belongs up there with Les Paul and Mary Ford. Very innovative, and just imagine trying to master this complex instrument, which she clearly did. Amazing.

Thanks for posting the recording. good stuff.

20 May, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

How about some classic Yes for today's Morning Music segment? Here's the song "Close to the Edge" live in 1989

Great shave this morning. New cream this morning. It's one of the latest from Wholly Kaw. "La Supérieure Dulci Tobacco" is fantastic but I'm not sure if it would qualify as a very soft soap or a very thick, dense cream. Regardless this stuff produced mountains of slick and cushioning lather. Finished with a splash CK Obsession for Men mixed with some ETHOS "Clean" Skin Food Splash and a spray of Obsession. Wonderful!

Hope you have a great day.

Wholly Kaw "La Supérieure Dulci Tobacco" Shave Cream / PAA Amber Aerolite / PAA SS META-4 / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / CK Obsession for Men AS + Ethos Clean Skin Food Splash / Calvin Klein "Obsession for Men" EdT

IMG-6297.jpg

25 May, 2021

Good morning / afternoon / day / whatever, Cadre!

Feeling better thank's to the meds but still dealing wit the residual crud (still coughing & some congestion). Saturday and Sunday were rough. Started feeling better yesterday and decided to return to work today and see how things go. However I was late getting in because I got a call from my bank saying that there was "suspicious activity' on my credit card. :oops:

I checked and sure 'nuff, there's a 38¢ charge to some place called "Sickk Wear".. You know, the place where ALL overweight, fifty-something-year-old men buy their clothes.. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, there were also three airline ticket purchases on there.. Two to Delta and one to Southwest Airlines. :eek:

All these charges occurred this morning, BTW... So... mad dash to the bank and an hour spent with the account rep later, I'm all good again. Old card is no longer active. New card acquired and activated and I'm not responsible for any of the charges. Still it pisses me off. Always someone out there trying to take what's yours.. Sometimes I think a planet-killing, extinction-level-event producing asteroid is just what this f'ed up planet needs...

I've become such a misanthrope as I've gotten older.

giphy.gif

So... No music today. Not in the mood. Y'all can take care of yourselves today because you wouldn't like what I'd select..

But I did shave today! Really good one too!

Got in my order of the CBL "Velvet Wood" which is Chris's homage to I Coloniali's discontinued mango oil soap. It's been years since I've used that soap but Chris nailed it with the scent. The soap itself is great too. Lather monster!

Finished with a splash of Lucky Tiger. Hope you're having a better day than i am.

Proraso Preshave Cream / CBL Apothecary "Velvet Wood" Shave Soap / Zenith Boar / PAA SS META-4
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Lucky Tiger After Shave & Face Tonic

IMG-6327.jpg

He included a "sample" (which was close to 3oz!) of what I assume to be close to the final product in my order late last month - it's a dead ringer scent wise and performance is great! Just so happened to use it this morning 💈

Dang...glad the erroneous charges were caught! At least it wasn’t a child who did it... 😂

Soap sounds amazing!

28 May, 2021

Good morning Cadre. Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Let's get some tunes rolling this morning. In an electronic mood this morning so here's the France based Synthwave band Perturbator with their 2017 album, New Model. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. The Hemingway Accoutrements products are great. Wonderful scent and performance. Not much more to report. Hoping the injections kick in soon.

Hope you have a great Frday!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Hemingway Accoutrements Supreme Shave Crème / AKA + AP Shave Co Synth / Karve SS SB Christopher Bradley Razor (plate C)
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Hemingway Accoutrements Aftershave Tonic / Hemingway Accoutrements Signature EdP

IMG-6344.jpg

Back