The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

enjoy the dulcet tones of KC and the Sunshine band.
From a dictionary: "dul·cet| ˈdəlsət | adjective(especially of sound) sweet and soothing (often used ironically): record the dulcet tones of your family and friends."
I can only assume you used the term ironically. ;)

Sorry Mark, I am firmly in the Disco Sucks camp. Back in the late 1970s, pop music was divided, and I sided with rock/folk rock, while many others chose the very popular disco beat. Punk came along and cleared the debris that disco created, and pop music moved on. Anyway, that's my take on things.

From a dictionary: "dul·cet| ˈdəlsət | adjective(especially of sound) sweet and soothing (often used ironically): record the dulcet tones of your family and friends."
I can only assume you used the term ironically. ;)

Sorry Mark, I am firmly in the Disco Sucks camp. Back in the late 1970s, pop music was divided, and I sided with rock/folk rock, while many others chose the very popular disco beat. Punk came along and cleared the debris that disco created, and pop music moved on. Anyway, that's my take on things.
Yeah Bruce, I typed that with tongue planted firmly in cheek. ;)

I can remember how it was back then. Although I didn't do much clubbin', my small home town of roughly 1,500 people had a skating rink that was the hang-out. Let's you know how big it was around here. Then I heard Black Sabbath and my whole world changed. LOL!

We had roller skating parties back in grammar school as a bridge "date" night before official school dances kicked in in junior high. I also grew up going to birthday parties at the local skate rink "Orbit" back in the 1990s. However, it wasn't disco, it was Sisqo :oops:

Found out recently that skate rink closed its doors in 2018 after 42 years, which is very sad. Lots of "firsts" at that rink, including the first time I ever did a "couples skate" aka holding the hand of a girl while skating around.

13 May, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

In an R&B/Soul mood again this morning so I wanted to feature a few from Marvin Gaye's 1976 album, I Want You. Those of a certain age (like me) will quickly recognize the album's cover art.

Hope you enjoy. :)

Great shave today! Ahhhh! Got my "Old Spice" fix finally. The scent and performance of the Soap Commander "Endurance" is fantastic. Finished with the matching splash and a spray of P&G "Old Spice". Fantastic!

Hope you have a great day!

Soap Commander "Endurance" Shave Soap / Semogue SOC "Caravela" / PAA META-4 / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Soap Commander "Endurance" Aftershave Splash + Hyaluronic Acid Serum / P&G "Old Spice" EdC

IMG-6232.jpg

14 May, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

We made it! It's Friday at last. And it's not just any Friday... It's Freaky Friday here at WMRK Internet Radio (All hits all the time)! And it don't get much freakier than The Legendary Pink Dots. Hope you enjoy!

Great end of the work week shave today! Great lather and scent from the Fine soap. Finished with some AdP Colonia after shave balm and a spray of the matching cologne.

Fine Accoutrements "Italian Citrus" Shave Soap / PAA "Phantom Aerolite" / PAA META-4 / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Acqua Di Parma Colonia "Colonia" After Shave Balm / Acqua Di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG-6242.jpg

We made it! It's Friday at last. And it's not just any Friday... It's Freaky Friday here at WMRK Internet Radio (All hits all the time)! And it don't get much freakier than The Legendary Pink Dots.
Are they related to superintelligent shades of the color blue?

17 May, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Let's get some Monday morning music going. In a Thomas Dolby mood this morning. Here are a couple form his 1992 album Astronauts & Heretics. Hope you enjoy!

Not much to report. Was on-call this past weekend and had to go into work Saturday. Otherwise, spent quality time width the missus.

Great shave today. Love the scent of the "Garden of Bali" soap. Very refreshing. The orange blossom and bamboo stick out most to my nose. Great, slick lather. Finished with a splash of vintage Avon "Tai Winds" after shave and a spray of the matching cologne.

Great start to the work week.

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "Garden of Bali" Shave Soap / Shave Forge Synth / PAA SS META-4
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Avon "Tai Winds" After Shave Splash / Avon "Tai Winds" EdC

IMG-6273.jpg

18 May, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Later post than normal today. Flying solo this morning. One guy is out on vacation and the other two are other inter-departmental projects and the phone has been ringing off the hook. Things have quietened down some now. But wanna get this in before the next round! Oy vey!! 😣

My Seaforth Lime set didn't show. USPS shows it still out for delivery. I don't know, maybe it fell behind the seat in the delivery vehicle. Hopefully it'll show up today.

Great shave this morning. Went with Wet Shaving Products "Gaelic Tweed" soap and splash. A very good homage to GIT and the Formula T always produces a great lather. Finished with the matching splash and a spray of Creed GIT (getting low 😧 ).

Hope you have a great day, my friends! :)

Wet Shaving Products "Gaelic Tweed" Shave Soap / Moon Soaps "Green Zebra" Synth / PAA SS META-4 / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Wet Shaving Products "Gaelic Tweed" After Shave Splash + H.A.S. / Creed "Green Irish Tweed" EdP

IMG-6281.jpg

Oops!! Forgot the Morning Music! Been so busy this morning I blew right past it.

Got electronic musician Dave Bessell in the office today. Interesting textures and soundscapes. Hope you enjoy!

Back