The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

5 May, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Happy "Cinco de Mayo"!! Please celebrate responsibly. This PSA was brought to you by WMRK Internet Radio ~ "All hits all the time" 📻

Overslept today so no shave but there will definitely be music! Mentioned yesterday that my band mates in the country band had been discussing the topic of adding some classic rock to the set list. Featured a couple of CCR tunes yesterday that I had suggested. Here are a few more for your Morning Music.

Hope you enjoy.

Have a wonderful day, my friends!! :)

Last edited:
6 May, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Like a lot of people I'd guess, my first exposure to jazz music was through the Charlie Brown / Peanuts cartoons that aired each year at various holidays. I found this on the 'Tube and thought I'd share it. This is Jerry Granelli, the original drummer who played with the group led by Vince Guaraldi on the soundtrack to A Charlie Brown Christmas back in 1969.

Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today! New soap day and I was blown away by it. The Zingari Man "No.1" is a beautiful rose/oud scent that performs as well as it smells. Thick yogurt-like lather gave a great shaving base. I ordered the matching "recovery splash" but was sent "The Watchman" splash accidentally. So I grabbed the Ginger's Garden "Rose Petals". Finished with a spray of Czech & Speake "No.88".

Hope you have a great day!

Zingari Man "No.1" LE Shave Soap / Smilezfor Milez "Green Light" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / Ginger's Garden "Rose Petals" Aftershave. Czech & Speake No.88 EdC

IMG-6170.jpg

The soap sounds fantastic! I’ve not heard of it before and it seems quite a departure from their major lineup names...is it totally new or just new to you?

The soap sounds fantastic! I’ve not heard of it before and it seems quite a departure from their major lineup names...is it totally new or just new to you?
I think it’s a “newer” offering from Z-Man. Not sure when it actually debuted.

One of our local music institutions' jazz department does a Christmas Guaraldi concert every year, this past year virtually. It's always sold out and a great holiday tradition. There's just something about that Charlie Brown Christmas album that hits differently!

7 May, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's "Funky Friday" here at WMRK Internet Radio and for today's Morning Music we're hopping in the way-back machine to 1972 for a few ace cuts from the Marvin Gaye (writer / producer) soundtrack to the movie "Trouble Man".

Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic end-of-the-work-week shave! The SV "Dolomiti is always a win. Finished with the matching splash and a spray of Aramis "Tuscany per Uomo".

Hope you have a great day. :)

Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" Shave Soap / Semogue Owners Club Boar / RazoRock Game Changer (.68-P) / Polsilver Super Iridium
Alum / Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" After Shave / Aramis "Tuscany per Uomo" EdT

IMG-6178.jpg

10 May, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant weekend.

Let's get some music going this morning with a couple from the Synthwave group, The Midnight. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Love the scent an performance of the Fine "Santal Absolut" soap and splash. Such a shame it's gone away.. :( Glad I was able to get some soap refills while they were still available. Don't know what I'll do once the splash is gone. Finished with a spray of Art of Shaving "Sandalwood" cologne.

Fine Accoutrements "Santal Absolut" Shave Soap / RazoRock "Big Bruce" Synth / PAA META-4 / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Fine Accoutrements "Santal Absolut" After Shave + Hyaluronic Acid Serum / AoS "Sandalwood" EdC

IMG-6205.jpg

Last edited:
12 May, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you're having a great week.

Apologies for my absence yesterday. A lot of stuff going on at work and I didn't have time to do much more than lurk. But let's get some tunes going for your Wednesday.

We're backin' it on up to the 1970's today. So head to the rink and lace up those quads and enjoy the dulcet tones of KC and the Sunshine band. :cool:🛼

Great shave today! Had planned on using the Soap Commander "Endurance" (Old Spice) today but changed at the last minute to Frank's "Succes" (Creed Aventus). "Endurance" is on deck for tomorrow. Haven't had an "Old Spice" shave in a long time and I need to take care of that.

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Succès" Shave Soap / Simpson Trafalgar T3 Synth / PAA META-4 / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Succès" Skin Food Splash / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Succès" EdP

IMG-6223.jpg

Back