The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

27 April, 2021

Afternoon, Cadre!

Busy morning so didn't have time to do more than lurk.. In a Retrowave / Synthwave mood this afternoon.

Great shave this morning. I really need to use this soap more. It produces an incredible lather. Finished with the matching aftershave tonic and a spray of CK Eternity.

Break's over... Back on my head

CBL Orion - "Hammam Spa" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks Synth / RazoRock Game Changer (.68-P)
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / CBL "Hammam Spa" After Shave Tonic / CK "Eternity" For Men EdT

IMG-6086.jpg

Thanks Chris. Busy day. We’re in the process of phasing out our old fiber optic transport plant (not supported by the manufacturer any longer :rolleyes: ) and transferring all the legacy customers off that equipment onto the new electronics suite.

Maybe we’ll be done by the time I retire. Oy!!! 😖

28 April, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

In a "Fusion" mood this morning so here are a few from the 1980 Weather Report album, Night Passage. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave today. Was a little undecided on what to use until just before I hopped in the shower. Can't go wrong with the Rive Gauche / Barbasol scent of Fine's "American Blend". ;)

Hope you have a great day. :)

Fine Accoutrements "American Blend" Shave Soap / PAA "Phantom Aerolite" / RazoRock Game Changer (.68-P)
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / Fine Accoutrements "American Blend" After Shave Balm & EdT

IMG-6095.jpg

29 April, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

In a kind of laid-back mood this morning so I'm going with some appropriate music. Here is Tangerine Dream.

Fantastic shave today. Went with Frank's "Colonia" soap and splash this morning, finishing a spray of AdP. Love Frank's wares! Can't wait to get some of the Dragonsbeard soap and splash when it becomes available again.

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Shave Soap / Shavemac 386 Synth / RazoRock Game Changer (.68-P) / Polsilver Super Iridium
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Colonia" Skin Food Splash / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG-6104.jpg

30 April, 2021

If there were a theme for today's shave it would be "Cuba" so I thought about featuring some appropriate music. If you've never seen it, the 1997 movie "Buena Vista Social Club" is a must-see for anyone who is a fan of music. So for today's Morning Music here are a few of the songs from the film. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Went with Moon Soap's "Havana" soap and balm but because of the theme, I had to break out some Florida Water! Gotta have it for the true experience. Finished with a spray of Czech & Speake's "Cuba" EdC. Great finish to the work week.

Hope you have a great day.

Moon Soap Co. "Havana" Shave Soap / PAA 'The Peregrino" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer (.68-P), Polsilver Super Iridium
Alum / Murray & Lanman Agua de Florida + H.A.S. / Moon Soap Co. "Havana" Post Shave Balm / Czech & Speake "Cuba" EdC

IMG-6118.jpg

4 May, 2021

Let's get some tunes going this morning. The country band has been talking about adding some classic rock to the set list. Here's a couple I suggested. Big CCR fan. ;)

Hope you have a great day! :)

PAA "Sun Down" Shave Soap / PAA "Phantom Aerolite" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer / Polsilver Super Iridium
Alum / PAA "Sun Down" Aftershave Splash & Cologne + Hyaluronic Acid Serum

IMG-6153.jpg

4 May, 2021

Let's get some tunes going this morning. The country band has been talking about adding some classic rock to the set list. Here's a couple I suggested. Big CCR fan. ;)

Hope you have a great day! :)

PAA "Sun Down" Shave Soap / PAA "Phantom Aerolite" Synth / RazoRock Game Changer / Polsilver Super Iridium
Alum / PAA "Sun Down" Aftershave Splash & Cologne + Hyaluronic Acid Serum

View attachment 51820

Got another for you, brother Mark!

Back