The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

22 April, 2021

Good morning Cadre. Hope you had a pleasant evening.

In a Synthwave / Retrowave mood this morning so going with some streaming via ThePrimeThanatos. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today. Went with ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Menalge d'Agrumes" soap and splash. New brush from Etsy. Finished with a spray of CK One. Not much more to report.

Hope you have a great day. :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Melange d'Agrumes" Shave Soap / "Green Light" 26mm Synth / RazoRock Game Changer (.68-P)
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Melange d'Agrumes" Skin Food Splash / CK One EdT

IMG-6028.jpg

Had to turn on the space heater in my office this morning.. What the frack Mother Nature??? :mad:
RIght?!?! Man, I really need to get some of that Melange d'Agrumes shave soap. I only have one of Frank's newer offerings, and it catapulted right into my top 5. It might even be a contender for the #1 spot.

23 April, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Later post than normal today. Went and got my second COVID shot this morning.

It's "FREE FOR ALL" Friday here at WMRK radio! You're the DJ so post up the jam of your choice here!

giphy.gif

Not a great shave today. My lather game was off. I've used the Victory soaps in the past with great results. Today, however, the lather was light and airy no matter what I tried to do. Face lather? No go... Bowl lather? Nope... So I limited my shave to just two passes in order to avoid irritation. Got much more feedback from the alum block afterward. Finished with some soothing Proraso balm and a spray a YSL "La Nuit De L'Homme".

Not the best start to the day. 😕

Victory Shaving Co. "Champaign Lady" Shave Soap / RazoRock "Chubby" Silver Tip / RazoRock Game Changer (.68-P)
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / Proraso Liquid Cream Aftershave / YSL "La Nuit De L'Homme"EdT

IMG-6039.jpg

26 April, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Man, still feeling rough after COVID shot #2 Friday and a late night / early morning Saturday at the show. Took it easy yesterday but still feel like I'm not firing on all cylinders. So today's music selection will reflect that. Here are The Beatles.

Great shave today. I like roses.. Tired. Need more coffee.... :sleep:

Soap Commander "Love" Shave Soap / RazoRock SE 400 Noir Synth / RazoRock Game Changer (.68-P) / Polsilver Super Iridium
Alum / Ginger's Garden "Rose Petals" Aftershave + Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel / Domenico Caraceni 1913 EdT

IMG-6063.jpg

Back