The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

13 April, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Pulling out something from the "obscure" file for today's Morning Music" segment. Fareed Haque hails from Chi-town and was voted "Best World Guitarist" by Guitar Player Magazine in 2009. From the 2007 album Cosmic Hug, here's "Pairs" "Brd" & "Fade Into Oblivion". Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today. First use of the Chiseled Face "Black Rose" shave soap. Scent reminds me of Czech & Speake No.88 cologne. Great scent and lather. Finished with LA Shave Co.'s "Black Rose" splash and a spray of the aforementioned No.88 cologne. Excellent!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Chiseled Face "Black Rose" Shave Soap / RazoRock Chubby Silvertip / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Polsilver Super Iridium
Alum / LA Shaving Soap Co. "Black Rose" After Shave + H.A.S. / Czech & Speake No.88 EdC

IMG-5950.jpg

15 April, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

On this day in 2017 we lost one of the greatest guitarists to ever pick up the instrument, Allan Holdsworth. So I wanted to feature a couple from him today. Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave today after skipping yesterday. I've mentioned before how great "The Novelist" soap and scent is so I went ahead and sprung for the matching splash. Finished with a spray of Spicebomb.

Hope you have a great day! :)

The Club "The Novelist" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Polsilver Super Iridium
Alum / The Club "The Novelist" Aftershave Splash + H.A.S. / Viktor & Rolf "Spicebomb" EdT

IMG-5963.jpg

16 April, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

It's Freaky Friday here at WMRK Internet Radio. Revisiting one of my all time favorite groups who IMO never got the recognition they deserved. Here is Japan.

Outstanding shave this morning! The scent and performance of Barrister and Mann's "Saguesera" soap is simply wonderful. I very unique take on a traditional Bay Rum scent. Love the addition of the Caribbean spice notes such as allspice in there. Takes it to a whole other level. And the Excelsior base is some of the slickest I've used. Finished with the matching splash and a spray of Czech & Speake's "Cuba".

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Barrister and Mann "Saguesera" Shave Soap / Shave Forge Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Polsilver Super Iridium
Alum / Barrister and Mann "Saguesera" Aftershave Splash + H.A.S. / Czech & Speake "Cuba" EdC

IMG-5971.jpg

Almost to the weekend! Woo hoo!
giphy.gif

19 April, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant weekend.

Unnnh! Back to the grind... But there's always music to lift our spirits! In a fusion mood today so here are a few from the band Tribal Tech.. Hope you enjoy!

Very nice shave today. Trying to squeeze out more shave out of this blade for a full two weeks on it, but I can tell the quality of shave has gone down. Think I can pull it off. Love the scent of Lisa's "Tobacco Bay". Been a while since I last used it and had forgotten how nice it was. Three passes delivered a DFS+ and I finished with a splash of Booster "Mosswood" after shave and a spray of Creed's "Bois du Portugal" EdP.

Great start to the week!

LNHC "Tobacco Bay" Shave Soap / RazoRock "Big Bruce" / Rockwell 6S / Polsilver Super Iridium
Alum / Booster "Mosswood" After Shave Splash + H.A.S. / Creed "Bois du Portugal" EdP

IMG-5999.jpg

20 April, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening,

For today's Morning Music I'm featuring a band I've loved for many, many years. Having been active since 1967, here is Tangerine Dream and a few songs from their 2018 album Quantum Gate / Quantum Key.

Fantastic shave today. Hit the 14th-day mark on the Polsilver blade this morning and the blade is still giving a very good shave. Trying to decide whether or not to move on from it or see just how many shaves I can get out of it. First shave with the "Citricuya" soap from Barrister and Mann. Great lather with the Excelsior base. Scent is light and comes across to me as a "citrus-scented" body powder impression. Not bad by any means. Was just expecting a stronger citrus accord.

Finished with the citrus/musky scent of "Mandom" and a spray of Phoenix Shaving's "Black Bot" EdP.

Hope you have a great day! :)

Barrister and Mann "Citricuya" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushes "Gold Coast" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4)
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / "Mandom" After Shave Lotion + H.A.S. / Phoenix Shaving "Black Bot" EdP

IMG-6009.jpg

21 April, 2021

Geez! What happened?? It's winter again!! 🥶

Well hopefully it won last too long and warmer temps will return. In the meantime, let's get some tunes rolling this morning! Wanted to feature another guitarist/composer whom I've recently discovered. His name is Richard Hallebeek. Here are a few cuts from the albums Bumerang and One Voice. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today. Probably could have squeezed a few more shaves out of the old blade but decided to go ahead and pop in a fresh Polsilver. Changed over to the RazoRock Game Changer (.68-P) for this round of shaves. Love this razor! Of all I have, I consistently get the best shaves with this one. Went with Seaforth! Spiced for today's shave. Love the scent! Performance is great as well. Finished with the matching after shave and a spray of Cremo's "Spice & Black Vanilla" EdC

Hope you have a great day!

Spearhead Shaving Co. "Seaforth! Spiced" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / RazoRock Game Cahnger (.68-P)
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / Spearhead Shaving Co. "Seaforth! Spiced" Aftershave Toner / Cremo "Spice & Black Vanilla" EdC

IMG-6019.jpg

Geez! What happened?? It's winter again!! 🥶
Oh come on Mark...are you saying you prefer the sweltering Alabama summers that reach into the 100s and high humidity? "It's winter again" and I say...good! Seriously...as long as it wants to stay cooler temps or even moderate temps...I will take it. I hate the high humidity and heat of Southern Louisiana. I guess I live in the wrong state... 🤪
Went with Seaforth! Spiced for today's shave.
I have put this soap in a cart and then taken it out so many times! I need to just pull the trigger at some point!

Oh come on Mark...are you saying you prefer the sweltering Alabama summers that reach into the 100s and high humidity? "It's winter again" and I say...good! Seriously...as long as it wants to stay cooler temps or even moderate temps...I will take it. I hate the high humidity and heat of Southern Louisiana. I guess I live in the wrong state... 🤪

I have put this soap in a cart and then taken it out so many times! I need to just pull the trigger at some point!
As I get older Don, I find I can tolerate the hotter temps better than the colder.. But yeah, late summer / early fall around here gets uncomfortable as well. LOL! 😓☀️

Actually, what bothers me most about the cold is the wind! I can tolerate colder temps as long as the wind's not blowing. In those instances (like today), it seems I can't get warm no matter what I do, LOL!

Oh, go get that soap.. Don;t wait, do it now!!! You wont be disappointed. 😉

Back