The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

5 April, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant weekend.

Let's get things going this morning with some tunes. Staying with the Motown, R&B theme, here's a triple take to get you Monday rolling. Hope you enjoy. :)

Great shave this morning! Of course I observed "No Shave Sunday" yesterday so today's shave was especially nice!. Continue to be floored by the performance of the Declaration Grooming soaps. Some of the best lather I've ever used. As an old D&D gamer from way back, I dug the name. 🧙‍♂️🐉⚔️🛡️

Great scent as well. Nice & tea-like. Post shave face feel was fantastic. Finished with a splash of Clubman Reserve's "Sweet Rum" (with added skin food) and a spray of Cremo's "Bourbon and Oak" EdT

Hope you have a great day.

Declaration Grooming "Chaotic Neutral" Shave Soap / RazoRock Chubby Silver Tip / Rockwell 6S (base 4), Polsilver Super Iridium
Alum / Clubman Reserve "Sweet Rum" + 444 + H.A.S. / Cremo "Bourbon and Oak" EdT

IMG-5857.jpg

I looked for the original video I saw on either Soul Train or Fanfare, but didn't find in on Youtube. It was lip-synched, but the choreography with The Pips in their sequined polyester suits was something (woo-woo). Thanks for choosing this song - I thoroughly enjoyed it.

6 April, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Blah! So tired today. Haven't slept well for the pat two nights. The shots in my back have worn off and now I have something going on with my left shoulder. Can barely lift it above a point level with my shoulder. Hurts a lot! And while sleeping, if I roll over on that side, I immediately wake up. Like Bette Davis said, "Getting old isn't for sissies" LOL!

f596edf523470d95d5c1658f4eb113f3.jpg

There's no beating father time.. Doesn't mean we have to grow old in silence, though! LOL!! Here's some tunage for your Tuesday!

Great shave this morning. Been a while since I last used the Seaforth Heather. Had forgotten what a great smelling and performing soap it it! Incredible yogurt-like lather! Finished with the matching aftershave toner and a spray of But Special Reserve. Excellent!

Hope you have a great day!

Spearhead Shaving Co. "Seaforth! Heather" Shave Soap / Wild West Brushworks "Gold Coast" Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4)
Polsilver Super-Iri / Alum / Spearhead Shaving Co. "Seaforth! Heather" Aftershave Tonic / Brut "Special Reserve" EdC

IMG-5871.jpg

I have never experienced more aches, pains, and tiredness than I have the last year! Getting older sucks! 😫

Great shave this morning. Been a while since I last used the Seaforth Heather. Had forgotten what a great smelling and performing soap it it! Incredible yogurt-like lather!

I gotta say, Dennis really nailed the Seaforth soap base. I had never used any of the "Experimental" soaps he offered before, but I'm always blown away when I lather up Spiced! Hard-pressed to think of a better lathering soap in the den...

Sorry to hear about the aches and pains, but at least you have some awesome tunes going!

I’ve seen Seaforth quite a bit around here lately, it’s now on my radar...thanks 🤦🏻‍♂️

7 April, 2021

Let's get this going with some tunage. In a (Collins era) Genesis mood this morning so here are a few from back in the day. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. Don't think I've ever gotten a bad shave with the 6S. Went with American Blend today. Great for any time of the year. Finished with the matching splash and EdT. I may be ugly but dammit, I smell good!! 😁

Hope you have a great day! :)

Fine Accoutrements "American Blend" Shave Soap / Stirling Pro Handle Synth / Rockwell 6S (Plate 4) / Polsilver Sup-Iri
Alum / Fine Accoutrements "American Blend" After Shave Splash / Fine Accoutrements "American Blend" EdT

IMG-5880.jpg

9 April, 2021

I did it! I woke up in time to shave today! 🥳 Gotta savor the small victories. 😉 Not only did I shave, I dropped a giant Drakkar Noir bomb this morning! Soap, after shave and cologne all celebrating the 80's power house. So today I'm walking around smelling like 1980's me and because of that, for today's Morning Music I picked out some choice rockers from the decade of excess. Hope you enjoy!

Stirling Soap Co. "Stirling Noir" Shave Soap / Moon Soap Co. "Green Zebra" Synth / Rockwell 6S (Plate 4)
Polsilver Sup-Iri / Alum / Ginger's Garden "Drakkar Noir" Type Aftershave / Drakkar Noir EdT

IMG-5904.jpg

12 April, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant weekend.

Rough one for me and the missus having to say goodbye to our sweet dog, Mallie. They do indeed become like part of the family. I'm sure we'll eventually get another dog but it's going to be a while.

But let's get some tunes rolling this morning. Don't know why but I'm in an 80's Rod Stewart mood this morning so here are a few 80's gems from the "Rodster"..

Great shave today. Love the Wet Shaving Products soaps. Always great lather with them. Went with one of their newer scents today, "Citrus Blast". Great warm weather scent. Three pass BBS shave and finished with the matching splash. Great start to the week.

Hope you have a great day.

WSP Formula T "Citrus Blast" Shave Soap / Shavemac 173 Synth / Rockwell 6S (plate 4) / Polsilver Super Iridium
Alum / Wet Shaving Products "Citrus Blast" Aftershave + H.A.S. / CK "One" EdT

IMG-5930.jpg

Last edited:
Back