The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

1 April, 2021

Good morning Cadre! WMRK Internet Radio is back on the air! So let's get the tunes rolling this morning with a couple of R&B classics from The Miracles and Smokey Robinson! Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today! First use of "The Novelist" and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great slick lather and post-shave face feel. The Lupo / KAI combo made short work of my beard and I finished off with a splash of Nivea with added hyaluronic acid serum. A spray of "SpiceBomb" and I'm ready to go! Just wish it was warmer..

Hope you have a great day!

The Club "The Novelist" Shave Soap / Oz Shaving synth / RazoRock SS Lupo 72 / KAI / Alum
Nivea Deep Comforting "Vanilla & Bourbon" After Shave / Viktor & Rolf "SpiceBomb EdT

IMG-5819.jpg

2 April, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening. TGIF!!

Let's get things going with a little music for your Friday. Here's a couple from the great Huey Lewis and the News! Hope you enjoy.

Fantastic shave to end the week on. I had never heard of this Spanish brand before stumbling across it while searching for rose-scented soaps & splashes. When I read the scent notes I was intrigued and chanced the $35 blind buy based on that along with what few (5 star) reviews I could find. This is a lovely rose scent with cool, green notes reminiscent of hydrosol. These two notes stand out most to my nose with the others playing more of a supporting role. Lather is excellent! Finished with "Rose Petals" after shave from Ginger's Garden and a spray of Czech & Speake's №88.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Los Jabones De Joserra "Black Rose" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" / RazoRock SS Lupo 72 / Kai
Alum / Ginger's Garden "Rose Petals" Aftershave + H.A.S. / Czech & Speake's №88

IMG-5836.jpg

Back