The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

3 March, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

In a Sting mood this morning so I thought I'd feature a couple from his follow-up album to The Dream of the Blue Turtles, 1987's ....Nothing Like the Sun.

Hope you enjoy!

Acceptable shave this morning. Didn't sleep well and was still tired when I awoke. My shave suffered because of it I suppose. A little more feedback from the alum block than I normally get. But thanks to the added skin food, the mug feels okay.

Hope you have a great day! :)

Oz Shaving Co. "Foxville" Shave Soap / Yaqi Moka Express 26mm Badger / RazoRock Game Changer / Kai
Alum / Booster Polar Ice After Shave Lotion + 444 + H.A.S. / Hemingway Accoutrements Signature EdP

IMG-5516.jpg

4 March, 2021

Lets get right to some tunes for this morning. Today I'm featuring a few from The Rippington's 2016 album True Stories. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. A good night's sleep really does help one's focus. 😉. New soap today. Went with Barrister and Mann's latest "The Full Measure of Man". Great lather and scent though I can't understand why it wasn't released last fall. This fragrance screams Autumn to me. Tobacco (old-school, loose-leaf, roll-your-own-cigarette type), wood notes along with spice and a vanilla / caramelized sugar sweetness. Very nice scent. One thing though, I don't understand what the label art has to do with it all. Oh well, it's a great soap nonetheless. However, it's likely going to disappear from rotation until next fall where the scent (to me) will fit better.

Hope you have a great day. :)

B&M "The Full Measure Of Man" Shave Soap / Shave Forge + PAA Synth / RazoRock Game Changer
KAI / Alum / Clubman Musk + 444 + H.A.S. / Hemingway Accoutrements Signature EdP

IMG-5533.jpg

Sounds (and looks!) much more like an autumn soap to me as well. Wonder if there was intention at one point to release last year and something got hung up due to Covid or something. Or they decided not to cannibalize this release with Hallows. Who knows!

Sounds (and looks!) much more like an autumn soap to me as well. Wonder if there was intention at one point to release last year and something got hung up due to Covid or something. Or they decided not to cannibalize this release with Hallows. Who knows!
giphy.gif

I almost pulled the trigger on that soap, but managed to hold off. I did pull the trigger on some Hemingway products though, and can't wait until they get here.

5 March, 2021

It's Friday, everyone's Friday @woodpusher !! Now, whether it's the end of your work week or not is a different story.. It's still Friday. ( 😉 ). I'm setting the WMRK Way Back Machine to 1990 and featuring several songs from one of my all-time favorite bands and albums. The band is Depeche Mode and the album is their three-time platinum-selling, Violator. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave with which to end the week! "Baker Street" is becoming my favorite Stirling scent. Great match with the spicy booster "Mosswood" ASL. This will likely be the last shave with this blade. I could get more shaves out of it but after 8, I can tell the shave quality is starting to decline. I have plenty of blades so there's really no need to squeeze more from this one. Finished with a spray of Lalique Pour Homme. Great finish to the work week.

Hope you have a great day! :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Baker Street" Shave Soap / WCS 26mm Finest Badger / RazoRock Game Changer / KAI
Alum / Booster "Mosswood" After Shave Lotion + 444 + H.A.S. / Lalique Pour Homme EdT

IMG-5538.jpg

I've often wondered about shave quality for those who aim to get 100 shaves from a blade. I'm all for cutting down waste, but what's the point?
I know, right? I figure, with an average of 6 shave per blade, I have about 26 year's worth of blades. 😂

8 March, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Soooo tired this morning... The country band had a show in Tennessee Saturday night and boy, did it get crazy! We were supposed to quit playing at 11:30 and were there until after 1am. In tips alone we made nearly $400! Either they really liked us or they were really starved for entertainment. I'm glad I didn't bring the camera. Don't think I could have posted any videos from it. :oops:

Hardly did anything yesterday and I'm still feeling it this morning. So for today's Morning Music, I don't feel like thinking too hard about anything so here's an easy one. Return to Forever from 2014. Hope you enjoy!

Grooming Dept. "Unum" Shave Soap / 28mm Maggards Synth / PAA "META-4"
Gillette 7 O'Clock Green / Alum / Aqua Velva Ice Blue + 444 + H.A.S. / Coty "Aspen" EdC

IMG-5553.jpg

Back