The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Hang on to the good, and deal with the work children knowing that you are an island of calm amidst their foolishness. They're not worth losing your good vibes.
Thanks, Bruce... I'm trying to get calm and find my inner peace again..

giphy.gif

26 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Thanks to @NurseDave for the Morning Music warm up, Think I'll keep the SRV theme going with a few more for your Friday. Hope you enjoy!!

Wonderful shave today! Went back to Grooming Essentials to finish out the work week. I've said it before but it bears repeating, Franks wares are some of the best I've ever used. Cannot wait to get some of the Dragonsbeard V3 when it comes out. I wonder if he'll ever have the Mysore Santal in stock again at some point. Finished wirth the matching Skin Food Splash and a spray of Mont Blanc Explorer.

Hope you have a great Friday! :)

ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Succès" Shave Cream / Moon Soaps "Green Zebra" / RazoRock Game Changer
Kai / Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Succès" Skin Food Splash / Mont Blanc "Explorer" EdT

IMG-5482.jpg

How many gifted musicians have been lost to plane crashes? I've sometimes wondered what they'd be doing musically had they survived. SRV would certainly be up there in the music world, as would Buddy Holly, I believe. Some of the most talented musicians have have left us with only slices of their potential musicianship.

1 March, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

We've made it to March! Days are getting longer and (the best part) warmer. But, I know not to get too excited. If you're not familiar with how seasons work here in Alabama, here's how it goes. The red arrow denotes our current position in the yearly cycle. Some like to substitute "Tornado Season" for "Actual Spring". So if you find yourself in Alabama and you don't like the weather, wait a day. :rolleyes:

March 1.jpg

Anywho... Let's get some music going for this Monday! Sticking with Chick Corea, but today I wanted to feature music from his acoustic project aptly called The Chick Cora Akoustic Band. Here they are from 2018 featuring, along with Chick, John Patitucci on double bass and Dave Weckl on drums. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today! Skipped yesterday so there was a little extra stubble to mow through today. The Kai / Game Changer combo made short work of it. A smooth three passes! Finished with some Spanish Floid Vigoroso and a spray of Dior Homme EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

PAA"Sangre De Drago" Shave Soap / WCS 26mm Finest Badger / RazoRock Game Changer
KAI / Alum / Spanish Flid Vigoroso + Hyaluronic Acid Serum / Dior Homme EdT

IMG-5500.jpg

2 March, 2021

Good morning Cadre! May be afternoon in some places but it's still morning here. ;)

Busy morning. Sorry for the lateness of the post. Busy morning. Music time!! Here's Steely Dan's hit "Kid Charlemagne". Hope you enjoy!!

First use of the new "American Blend" soap from Fine Accoutrements. Got a great shave! Nice slick, cushioning lather and post shave face feel was fantastic. Two passes were all I needed today for a DFS+++ result. Don't think fans will be disappointed. However, I am disappointed that they wont be bringing back the entire line. Hopefully they'll release some limited editions of the L'Orange Noir and Lavender Pour Homme soaps at some point. Finished with the matching splash (with added skin food) and EdT.

Hope you have a great day! :)

Fine Accoutrements "American Blend" 21st Century Shave Soap / AKA & AP 28mm Synth / RazoRock Game Changer / KAI
Alum / Fine Accoutrements "American Blend" Classic After Shave / Fine Accoutrements "American Blend" EdT

IMG-5511.jpg

I've been curious about this soap. How is the scent strength compared to the previous version?

Back