The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Never saw Corea or Hancock. Saw John Mclaughlin about 1974 or '75. He opened for Jeff Beck. Both acts were exceptional. The guitar sounds were other-worldly. It was a great show.
Mclaughlin and Beck on the same ticket??!?!? I bet that was great. What about Weather Report? Ever get to see those guys?

Mclaughlin and Beck on the same ticket??!?!? I bet that was great. What about Weather Report? Ever get to see those guys?
No, but I was familiar with their work of the same era. I wasn't ready to take the jazz fusion plunge back then. Many years later I started buying Blue Note reissues, and fell in love with the hard bop era. I have a fair collection of them now. So many amazing musicians recorded on Blue Note, with production/engineering by Rudy Van Gelder. Exploring the RVG Blue Note catalog was an eye-opener.

23 February, 2021

Good afternoon Cadre! Hope you're having a great day.

Late to the game today. Had to take care of some estate business this morning. Took longer than I anticipated. Good news is I'm almost done with it all. Had to get get paperwork notarized to be sent to the probate judge to dissolve the estate. Another from the bond company, but after an extended period of time I found out they'll have to send the paper work to Montgomery in their bond dept. At any rate, the end (after two years) is in sight.

Here's some afternoon music to get you thought the rest of your day!. Here's some Simon Phillips from the Protocol 30th Anniversary Tour. Hope you enjoy!!

Great shave today! Liking the Hemingway products more every time I use them! Great shaving cream! Slick lather and the fragrance is wonderful. Same with the after shave tonic. Plan on ordering me some of the EdP. But today I finished with a spray of YSL's "La Nuit De L'Homme" EdT which goes well with the cream and tonic.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Hemingway Accoutrements "Supreme Shave Creme" / AP Shave Co. Brush / RazoRock Game Changer
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Hemingway Accoutrements Aftershave Tonic / YSL "La Nuit De L'Homme" EdT

IMG-5466.jpg

24 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Getting right to Wednesday's edition of Morning Music, here are a couple from keyboard great, Derek Sherinian. Hope you enjoy!

Outstanding shave today. First use of the Stirling "Nag Champa" today and boy, did it take me back. Can't tell you how much of that stuff I burned back in the day, both cones and sticks! Had a burner in the shape of a dragon on a tower (for the cones) and the smoke would rise up through its mouth. 🏰🐉

Finished with some Thayers Rose Petal WH (with added skin food) and a spray of PdN "Patchouli Homme", Great shave!!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Stirling Soap Co. "Nag Champa" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" / RazoRock Game Changer / Gillette Silver Blue
Alum / Thayers Rose Petal WH + 444 + Hyaluronic Acid Serum / PdN "Patchouli Homme" EdT

IMG-5469.jpg

I remember that. Spencer Gifts was my go-to store for incense and blacklight posters (got to have both). And for Ken's @Maryland998 benefit, patchouli cologne.

I always went to a local head shop called Zero Gravity. Loved that place! They had a huge poster of Zappa on the toilet hanging up. 🤣

I remember Spencer’s well. Our local small shop was a little place called The Plum Pit. First time I ever saw a bong, and had no idea what it was.

25 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

My morning has really started out crappy. Got to work and walked into a whole mess of inter-departmental office drama. I'm in a rather angry mood at the moment so today's Morning Music segment is going to reflect that. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! :mad:🤬

The way this morning has turned out is a shame too because the day started off great! Had a wonderful shave this morning. Felt great! Brewed a wonderful pot of coffee. It sunny and warm out.. And come to work and step on a metaphorical flaming bag of poo...

Hope you're having a better day than I am..

Wholly Kaw "King of Oud" Shave Soap / WCS Finest Badger / RazoRock Game Changer / Kai / Alum
Pinaud Reserve "Brandy Spice" After Shave + 444 + Hyaluronic Acid Serum / Creed "Royal Oud" EdP

IMG-5477.jpg

Back