The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

17 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Sun's out but still frigid here in north Alabama. But it will get above freezing today. Plus it's just a little over a month until the official start of Spring! Here's the officials countdown!!

In a Rippingtons mood today so here are a few from their 1994 album, Sahara. Hope you enjoy!

Outstanding shave today! The triple milled Fine soaps are some of the best I've used. Such a shame they're going away. Went with "L'Orange Noir" (Terre d'Hermes clone). Great lather with them. Went with the META-4 again today. Really liking this razor. The slim head took some adjusting of technique but I think I've finally got it dialed in. Finished with the matching splash (with added skin food) and a spray of Terre d'Hermes EdT. Excellent!!

Hope you have a great day!! :)

Fine Accoutrements "L'Orange Noir" Shave Soap / RazoRock "Big Bruce" / PAA "META-4" / Gillette Silver Blue
Alum / Fine Accoutrements "L'Orange Noir" After Shave Splash (plus skin food) / Terre d'Hermes EdT

IMG-5421.jpg

18 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Doctor's appointment this morning so today's Morning Music segment is a little late. However, I plan to make up for my tardiness with a great selection! So, for you enjoyment, here's the incomparable Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers.

Fantastic shave this morning! REALLY liking the Oz Shaving soap base. Wonderful lather and post-shave feel. Really liked the scent of the "40 Crows" as well. The neroli, amber & patchouli stand out most to my nose but the oakmoss does sneak in a little there underneath it all. Finished with a splash of Booster's "Polar Ice" and a spray of Dior's Bois d'Argent to complement the "honey" accord of the soap. Great shave!!

Hope you have a great day! :)

Oz Shaving "40 Crows" / AKA Handle & Synbad Knot / PAA "META-4" / Gillette Silver Blue / Alum
Booster's "Polar Ice" After Shave Splash / Hyaluronic Acid Serum / Dior Bois d'Argent EdC

IMG-5426.jpg

Be on guard for the side effects, Mark!

giphy.gif

Thanks, Don. Did you guys get iced up down there?
Yeah, it's crazy what happens when you get a little bit of ice and some southern drivers...the whole place goes crazy. We had some rolling blackouts and still there are people here without power. I have my conspiracy theories...but I'll keep them to myself. We didn't lose power ourselves...but now just thinking about getting a generator has turned into we are getting a generator AND having a transfer switch installed!

I found it!!! 🤩 🤩 🤩 🤩

Booster Mosswood after shave splash. I had a bottle of this years ago and love it. I used it up and tried to get more but up until today I haven't been able to find it anywhere. I ordered four bottles. 😁

ezgif-6-b58f8e34e158.jpg

19 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

We made it!! It's finally Friday! So let's close out the week here at WMRK Internet Radio with something groovy and funky! Here's David Florio from his album Italy Is A Strange Place.

Great shave to end the week on. The tub of ROS has been sitting on the vanity counter for the past few days and it's been calling to me. 😵 Today, I answered! Finished with the matching tonic and a spray of Burberry London.

Hope you have a great day!! :)

CBL "Roasted Oatmeal Stout" Shave Soap / Techichi Tech Hive / Rockwell "Model T"
Polsilver Sup-Iri / Alum / CBL "Roasted Oatmeal Stout" After Shave Tonic

IMG-5438.jpg

22 February, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Stiff feeling bummed over the loss of Chick Corea so today I wanted to feature him again. Here he is with Return To Forever, live in 1972. Such a greet talent. Such a great loss. 😕

Great shave today! Love Frank's soaps and splashes and can't wait to get some of the Dragonsbeard V3 when it's available. Today I went with Melande d'agrumes soap and skin food. Fantastic soap and scent. If you've never tried any of the Ethos line you really should. Finished with a spray of YSL L'Homme. Great way to start the week!

Hope you have a great day! :)

Grooming Essentials "Melange d'agrumes" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / RazoRock "Game Changer"
Gillette Silver Blue / Grooming Essentials "Melange d'agrumes" Skin Food Splash / YSL "L'Homme" EdT

IMG-5455.jpg

That's the Chick Corea era I remember best. The early 70s were a time musical exploration and experimentation. I was pleasantly surprised at how many established jazz musicians I was just being introduced to had extensive catalogs dating back to the hard bop era of the late 50s - mid-60s. Herbie Hancock is one such musician. Have a great day, Mark!

Back